Basket's Build

You'll need to measure from your hitch to the end of your camper. Then get a hitch extension but you will have to pay attention to it's weight restrictions. You might have to run a Super Hitch (dual receiver).

I want a tilt deck like this for my next trailer as I'm too old to lug ramps around anymore. My motorcycle would get side loaded on the front.

View attachment 508376

Think you could modify the moving bed to be able to mount on a Hawse fairlead and mount a winch still at the front of the trailer? That way you can pull a disabled Jeep onto the trailer...

Just a thought because I've seen a few Jeeps winched up the ramps onto a trailer after being unable to drive on under their own power. Good way to 'future-proof' this type of trailer. Winch is usually a smaller ATV-sized winch to just pull a dead-weight vehicle (non-recovery).

Reactions: lBasket
Think you could modify the moving bed to be able to mount on a Hawse fairlead and mount a winch still at the front of the trailer? That way you can pull a disabled Jeep onto the trailer...

Just a thought because I've seen a few Jeeps winched up the ramps onto a trailer after being unable to drive on under their own power. Good way to 'future-proof' this type of trailer. Winch is usually a smaller ATV-sized winch to just pull a dead-weight vehicle (non-recovery).

I wonder if you could get crafty with a snatch block and a winch mounted at the tongue.

I'd probably buy a HF winch for my trailer. Never for the Jeep, but when you need that you NEED it.

1710127250721.png

:mad:

What is the difference between "weight carrying" and "weight distrubiting" hitch.

AND why the fuck did they use two shades of green for the two I can't tell the difference whatsoever

Weight carrying I believe is a standard hitch like the weigh safe you linked.

Weight distribution has torsion bars which provide weight transfer to the front and sway control in some hitches. Much more complicated.

Weight carrying I believe is a standard hitch like the weigh safe you linked.

Weight distribution has torsion bars which provide weight transfer to the front and sway control in some hitches. Much more complicated.

When do you need the distribution system

When do you need the distribution system

Your hitch may have a sticker saying what the weight ratings are both with and without.

Half tons most should have one. Larger it depends and I’m not familiar with the impact of the extension you’d need.

Reactions: lBasket
Your hitch may have a sticker saying what the weight ratings are both with and without.

Half tons most should have one. Larger it depends and I’m not familiar with the impact of the extension you’d need.

So... buy the trailer, tow the jeep in it and what would tell me I need it?