Battle Born Wheels

Ask them if it’s made by allied wheel company because it looks exactly like the raceline RT81. If it is, steer clear.

Reactions: downthepines
Huh, have a friend that I'm pretty sure runs one of their other wheels, but I thought they had gone out of business a while ago...

Even though steel wheels are made slightly stronger by a bead lock ring, be aware that if your Canadian trails are rocky, as they are here where I wheel, that it's pretty easy to dent steel wheels. I experimented with steel wheels years ago and they would regularly get dented enough so the tires would leak air. I gave up and went back to aluminum and ended up later with forged aluminum bead locks which have been problem free.

This is a friend's steel wheel after a weekend on the rocks.

SteelWheelBent.jpg

Reactions: downthepines
Even though steel wheels are made slightly stronger by a bead lock ring, be aware that if your Canadian trails are rocky, as they are here where I wheel, that it's pretty easy to dent steel wheels. I experimented with steel wheels years ago and they would regularly get dented enough so the tires would leak air. I gave up and went back to aluminum and ended up later with forged aluminum bead locks which have been problem free.

View attachment 293626
Impressive amount of damage. I honestly just stumbled across those rims. Just looking for opinions and experience. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford

View attachment 293626
Ouch, looks like a coke bottle cap.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford