Been saving and today I saw this…

I was thinking the same thing with pricing. Take it down $4k and maybe after they remove that body lift, then we’d be talking
IF the BL is removed there would be a lot of rubbing on the ride home or anywhere else. Tires seem pretty decent, would not want to give those up at that price.

For future reference-common terms & abbreviations

• BL= body lift, spacers between tub and frame to gain extra wheel clearance, over 1.5" is generally not good functionally or aesthetically
  • BB= budget boost, aka spacer lift, spacers on top of stock length coil springs to gain lift, not as desirable as a spring lift
  • SL= spring lift, longer coil springs/shocks to gain lift for larger tires and more suspension travel
  • TC Drop= Transfer Case Drop, spacers added between frame and TC skid to correct driveline angles from adding lift
  • SYE= Slip Yoke Eliminator, optional kit to eliminate vibes due to large lifts, requires other modifications
  • MML= Motor Mount Lift, used to correct driveline angles and/or in combo with BL to keep engine fan shroud in stock mounts
  • D 30= Dana 30 axle, common front axle in many TJs, not as strong as Dana 44 but fine in most cases
  • D 35= Dana 35 axle, common rear axle in many TJs, not as strong as Dana 44, normally ok with up to 33"
  • D 44= Dana 44 axle, optional front and axle in many Tjs, stronger to allow for larger (33"+) tires, lockers
  • LSD= Limited Slip Differential, allows an amount of traction in both wheels on the axle, not a full locker
  • TT= TrueTrac, a brand name of a gear driven LSD
Don't forget that TT can also represent a "tummy tuck", which the reader can usually figure out from the context of the discussion. For the OP (original poster), a TT (tummy tuck) is the installation of a high(er) clearance transfer case skid. These raise the transfer case up higher, and effectively create more ground clearance under that area of the vehicle. Just know that to do this can potentially cause driveline vibrations and clearance issues between the transfer case and the floor/tranny hump. So here's the common formula to do it properly: TT, BL, SYE, MML, and adjustable rear CAs (control arms). Simple, no? :LOL:

KISS.

Keep It Stupid Simple.
WavyForkedIndochinahogdeer-max-1mb.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch and RINC
So I should clarify since someone brought this up… I may love the color navy blue but only because I am a dyed in the wool Broncos fan and bleed blue and orange…from even pre-Elway era.

That said,If you had to cut my voting blood though, it would most definitely be RED

Reactions: Squatch
Don't forget that TT can also represent a "tummy tuck", which the reader can usually figure out from the context of the discussion. For the OP (original poster), a TT (tummy tuck) is the installation of a high(er) clearance transfer case skid. These raise the transfer case up higher, and effectively create more ground clearance under that area of the vehicle. Just know that to do this can potentially cause driveline vibrations and clearance issues between the transfer case and the floor/tranny hump. So here's the common formula to do it properly: TT, BL, SYE, MML, and adjustable rear CAs (control arms). Simple, no? :LOL:
Yup clear as mud lol

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch
Negotiate down a bit or keep looking. I snagged a 03 Rubicon 137,000 miles for $13,500 a few months ago.
Man, when I see people paying prices like this I think about selling my 03 rubicon. Are these things really worth that much?

Man, when I see people paying prices like this I think about selling my 03 rubicon. Are these things really worth that much?
As the old saying goes, "It's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay." So apparently, YES. They ARE worth that much!

As the old saying goes, "It's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay." So apparently, YES. They ARE worth that much!
I just didn’t think they would appreciate or maintain their value that much. But you’re right it’s worth what someone is willing to pay.

My last couple wranglers have been projects that were abandoned by their previous owners and left to sit. So I can’t say I’ve ever spent that much on them. My current TJ sat for a year behind an off-road shop before I bought it and gave it a second chance.

Guess I should check market prices before selling.

Reactions: SvtLdr
I paid more than that for a non-Rubi '00 Sport. Not saying that to sound like a big shot, but I was looking long and a hard for a DD candidate. Supply and demand, and buyer set what it will go for. After a lot of looking, I found a two owner TJ6 with clean Carfax and documented 59k miles, clean frame and floor boards. Largely unmolested other than a perfect set of wheels, new rubber and sadly, a RC 2.5 lift. Last owner was master mechanic at a local Jeep dealership. Something like that is a bit of a unicorn here in the NE and can command more money. And this one rolled out of that same dealership in '00 and had most of its service work done there as well.

I had more gremlins because it was sitting unused than because of high miles, but so far I don't regret the money spent.