Best burger in my life

So I’m a good cook. I’ll be a little vain about that, I have done some awesome burgers in my time.

Today we went to a food truck that offers New York style sandwiches. We have been there a few times, they make an awesome pastrami sandwich.

I love pastrami and have made it multiple times.

Today I noticed they had a “Bacon, pastrami, cheese burger. Fresh homemade bun, lettuce, red onion, pickles and Russian dressing with cheese”.

Why not?

OMG, I fell in love. It was stacked with a 1/3 pound burger, 1/3 pound of pastrami, 4 pieces of bacon, I couldn’t get the whole thing my mouth.

I have found a new combo I can’t live without now. Holy hell, my old go to was blue cheese stuffed patty (I know, many hate blue cheese) bacon, fried egg and a homemade peanut butter topping. It doesn’t sound too awesome but oh man, it rocked.

Now I’m hungry again. 😂
See if the guy has a "chimi" burger(chee-mee) Uptown NY special. Made (at least it is supposed to be made) with uncased latin sausage, which is like italian sausage with extra oregano and garlic(I know I know) shaped like a football, finely chopped and grilled onions, bacon, cheddar and American cheese, and col-slaw with ketchup and a bit of yellow mustard(pink col-slaw) on the grill you splash it with hoisin and soy sauce and seasoning salt. On a wedge bun that has been toasted above the meat for the extra flavor.

Well, I am certainly jealous. I went to my favorite burger place today with a group for lunch. The return of college football, a Florida Gators away game, and Florida relaxing restaurant restrictions meant the place was packed. Service sucked and my burger was only very slightly warm when I got it.

• Angry
Reactions: Tomcat
Thick burgers with loads of toppings are great, but sometimes simple is my favorite. Smash burgers with a little salt and pepper; a slice of sharp cheddar, mayo, catsup and mustard on fresh sourdough buns.
Oh, and that’s a salted caramel apple pie in the background.

E919114A-C4AF-4F82-A511-947EF795CAC3.jpeg

627C6902-85B3-4373-9278-E213D67A4130.jpeg

975C913C-B759-4BF2-A4B8-A147DBAA3B50.jpeg

14CA3740-2323-4D4F-BFF1-2D5993054E63.jpeg

80368027-BEBC-4F0B-AE4B-255743DD5D92.jpeg

See if the guy has a "chimi" burger(chee-mee) Uptown NY special. Made (at least it is supposed to be made) with uncased latin sausage, which is like italian sausage with extra oregano and garlic(I know I know) shaped like a football, finely chopped and grilled onions, bacon, cheddar and American cheese, and col-slaw with ketchup and a bit of yellow mustard(pink col-slaw) on the grill you splash it with hoisin and soy sauce and seasoning salt. On a wedge bun that has been toasted above the meat for the extra flavor.

I will ask!! That sound amazing!!!!

Reactions: Ephry73
A double double with jalapenos from Whataburger is good for me. I would not drive by a Whataburger for for anything else. Unfortunately there are none in Tennessee. That may be a good thing for me.

I have heard of them from Texas friends but never had one.

So I’m a good cook. I’ll be a little vain about that, I have done some awesome burgers in my time.

Today we went to a food truck that offers New York style sandwiches. We have been there a few times, they make an awesome pastrami sandwich.

I love pastrami and have made it multiple times.

Today I noticed they had a “Bacon, pastrami, cheese burger. Fresh homemade bun, lettuce, red onion, pickles and Russian dressing with cheese”.

Why not?

OMG, I fell in love. It was stacked with a 1/3 pound burger, 1/3 pound of pastrami, 4 pieces of bacon, I couldn’t get the whole thing my mouth.

I have found a new combo I can’t live without now. Holy hell, my old go to was blue cheese stuffed patty (I know, many hate blue cheese) bacon, fried egg and a homemade peanut butter topping. It doesn’t sound too awesome but oh man, it rocked.

Now I’m hungry again. 😂
Man that sounds good!!.. I may have to put that on my menu

• Love
Reactions: Rick Flair
It’s like a better Burger King
That's like saying Whataburger is a better InandOut. I'm not the biggest defender of Whataburger like some are but they're a fast food joint that's the closest fast food joint to making a good old standard no frills burger made however the hell you want with whatever you want on it.

Hell i'm over here defending Whataburger aren't I? :unsure:

We joke when someone says man that Whataburger wasn't that good. It's not the burger, it's what you asked them to put on it.

Reactions: mushdogs
I'm usually not in the mood for those giant burgers you can't eat by lifting them up. There is place here near Chicago called BAT17 that makes some very good big burgers. Would be my go to when I'm in the mood for a huge burger.

Screen_20Shot_202016-08-25_20at_205.14.29_20PM.0.png

I typically like Shake Shack, Culver's, or In-N-Out and those would always be my go to burgers when on a road-trip. My absolute favorite is Shake Shack. They make some good stuff.