Best dash tweeters

thekidwithquestions

Acquiring Jeep funds...
Supporting Member
Alright so I want to add some dash tweeters but have NO idea how to, (I'm just not an audio guy) I am happy with my current audio except that I need it to be louder. Basically I get plenty of sound coming from my over head speakers but I need more coming from the front of the car to even it out.

this is what I have in mind:
test.jpg

Ignore the marker its the only pic I could find.

I need to know:
What speakers I need?
Where to wire them?
And anything else that is important?

@Chris had a set (made in Germany?) in his most recent khaki TJ. I recall our resident audio expert @skrelnik saying they were top notch. I can't recall the brand name 😐

What kind of stereo do you have? That will determine whether you can wire these straight to your stereo, or whether you need to tap into other existing speaker wires for the signal.

Or, thw most common way to do tweeters is to replace your front dash speakers with a ‘component’ set, which means that the woofer and tweeter are separated. Then they are both wired to the same output on your stereo, but you can put the tweeters wherever you want.

What kind of speakers do you have in your front dash? Standard 4x6” or replacement 5.25”?

What kind of stereo do you have? That will determine whether you can wire these straight to your stereo, or whether you need to tap into other existing speaker wires for the signal.
What part of the stereo determines the type of stereo?
Or, thw most common way to do tweeters is to replace your front dash speakers with a ‘component’ set, which means that the woofer and tweeter are separated. Then they are both wired to the same output on your stereo, but you can put the tweeters wherever you want.
where would I buy these?
What kind of speakers do you have in your front dash? Standard 4x6” or replacement 5.25”?
I'll have to check tomorrow

What part of the stereo determines the type of stereo

Sorry, I just meant what stereo. Post the model number or a pic and that’ll help to determine your options.
where would I buy these?

Anywhere that sells speakers will sell them in two types. “Coaxials” or “two way” speakers have the woofer and tweeter in one unit. These are the most common, and are probably what you’re used to seeing. “Components” have them separated. Crutchfield has plenty of both. If you were to buy a set of components, you’d be upgrading your dash speakers and adding tweeters in one move.

@skrelnik will know for sure. I believe they did though.

Did they have a built in crossover?

They do NOT have a built in crossover, or inline crossover. Both Chris and I have these, Chris used to, but we drove them off an Audiotec Fischer amp which has a built in Digital Sound Processor (DSP) where you program the frequency and other settings through software.

Micro Precision is competition audio, the high end tweeters go for like $5k, and the series Chris and I got are hands down then best tweeters I have ever heard.

A great alternative could be the BLAM 130RC. Chris had the 5.25" BLAM woofer along with the micro Precision tweeter. I am about to install the BLAM 165RC in another car, and they are insanely great for the cost.

Five Star Audio down in Clearwater is a great place to buy from. They ship, and have great online videos.

Also, Don from Unexpected Creations in NJ is the king of audio, but he does not have an online store or anything formal like that.