Best serpentine belt

Hooey

Mopar belts and OE parts in general are getting harder to find. Anyone have any good results with aftermarket serpentine belts? Which ones?

I wouldnt hesitate with Gates. Though the belt I currently have on is whatever Advance Autoparts had on the shelf.

Goodyear Gatorback were the only belts that wouldn't squeal when running a York compressor on my old TJ
I’ve had the best luck with these as well back when I was running a supercharger. I don’t think Goodyear makes these any longer - they sold that design to Continental who does make them now.

Gates. All of my replacement hoses and belts are Gates.

I've had good luck with the Gatorback/Continental belts. The Continental belts on both my BMW and my TJ say made in Germany.

Reactions: pagrey
I use Continental but don't think you'll really have issues with anything. I'd be interested if anybody had any recent failures. I carry a spare on the trail but not one on the highway. My concern level about the belt quality of anything you can buy today is close to zero.

Reactions: tworley
I use Continental but don't think you'll really have issues with anything. I'd be interested if anybody had any recent failures. I carry a spare on the trail but not one on the highway. My concern level about the belt quality of anything you can buy today is close to zero.
I agree, Paul. The main reason I ran the Gator was it was the only belt I found which ran quietly on the supercharger.

Reactions: pagrey
I had some slip at high RPM recently and ordered a new belt. The new package said in bold print right on the front, we recommend replacing the tensioner with the belt. At 140k I hadn't replaced anything but the bearings on my belt drive so I ordered one of those and put the belt back in my parts box. It fixed the problem, who knew? I probably wont do it every time but if you are running your original and are having issues it's something to consider.

I’ve had the best luck with these as well back when I was running a supercharger. I don’t think Goodyear makes these any longer - they sold that design to Continental who does make them now.
They did sell the whole division to Continental, and for a while Continental did continue making the Gatorback-style belt - but that stopped years ago. Any belt you find with that cut-rib design is going to be very old stock at this point.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
I carried a spare belt and just realized it was also stolen with all my recovery gear, this thread just made me realize. :(

They did sell the whole division to Continental, and for a while Continental did continue making the Gatorback-style belt - but that stopped years ago. Any belt you find with that cut-rib design is going to be very old stock at this point.
Good to know. Thanks.