Best shocks for a smooth ride?

Finally box arrived yesterday with full of Bilstein B8 5100 but to my surprise it seems these are now “Assembled in Mexico “ 😡. Are these legitimate or knock offs 🤔.

IMG_0561.jpeg

IMG_0563.jpeg

IMG_0564.jpeg

IMG_0559.jpeg

IMG_0558.jpeg

Last edited:
How about shocks and springs for a daily driver in the city? Maybe 4 times a year go off roading and then stick to dirt roads and easy trails. 2004 LJ.

Finally box arrived yesterday with full of Bilstein B8 5100 but to my surprise it seems these are now “Assembled in Mexico “ 😡. Are these legitimate or knock offs 🤔.

View attachment 455570

View attachment 455571

View attachment 455572

View attachment 455573

View attachment 455574

I wouldn't worry about Made in Mexico. I'd prefer it to China, but these days it's pretty hard to get any major brands that are not made in China. Let us know how you like them, I'll be in the market for shocks soon.

Oro Swayloc is the next key ingredient.

Antirock or an unlocked SwayLoc will have effectively the same result. A locked SwayLoc is a also bit less immediately jarring than the stock swaybar, despite being a higher rate.

I wouldn't worry about Made in Mexico. I'd prefer it to China, but these days it's pretty hard to get any major brands that are not made in China. Let us know how you like them, I'll be in the market for shocks soon.

Sure I will check in here mth my own review, but for now I am at least 6 to 8 weeks away from installing them.

I put Bilstein shocks on my truck probably 5 years ago now and they too were assembled in Mexico. They are legit, no issues.

Reactions: AutoCrat