Best size tires for a 2 inch lift?

I am 16, yesterday I just finally saved enough to get a TJ and bought a 97 TJ Sport, and I have a few months before I can actually get my license so in that time I wanna make it look great, one of the first things I was gonna do is replace the old rusty suspension with a some new ones and a 2in lift, then next would be rims and tires, what would be the best sizes I should use for a 2in lift.
31’s

if you add a 1” body lift too you can run 32’s nicely.

I am 16, yesterday I just finally saved enough to get a TJ and bought a 97 TJ Sport, and I have a few months before I can actually get my license so in that time I wanna make it look great, one of the first things I was gonna do is replace the old rusty suspension with a some new ones and a 2in lift, then next would be rims and tires, what would be the best sizes I should use for a 2in lift.
Definitely a great start to a great addiction. As mentioned make it safe and steady. 31" will be right for a 2" lift and will look great as well. Make sure the brakes are up for good use and get the alignment done by a good reputable shop after the lift is installed.

2.5” OME with Rancho 5000x shocks, and 32” BFG. Need to add spacers up front to level it out, but it rides smooth.
10CCB029-7E9F-42A1-9143-11F28AE46155.jpeg

Reactions: zebra12 and Vasq
Did you regear your Jeep because you ended up going with 33's or did you end up needing to do it anyway for the 32's?

Running 265/70/17, 31.6" tires with a 1 1/4" body lift and stock suspension. Haven't tried flexing off road but no problem with speed bumps taken too fast. Still running with 3.73 gears, 42RLE and easily live with Freeway and all around performance. Drive conservatively trying to maximize the crappy gas mileage. Freeways where I drive have no passes with steep approach which may be the reason I'm still happy with it as is.

Ultimate build is 32.5" (33" nominal) tires , 2" spring lift and a re-gear to 4.88.

IMG_1442.jpeg

I put 32” tires on with a 2” lift
Then I replaced whole suspension with a 2.5” lift

I think TJs look majorly undersized from the factory
They need at least 31-32” tires

Reactions: WestCoastDan