Bestop twill top giant logo

I am not sure about the logo, don't think it looks to bad. I do need to get my grand son a new top, do they ever go on sale??? It will be a replacement top and I think I would want him to get the twill. Any ideas about waiting for a sale? Or am I just wanting something that will never happen???
Yes they do have sales once in a while, direct from bestop. Sign up your email, black friday seems to be the best sale.

Has Bestop ever said why they don't do a twill set of half doors? Seems like they're missing out on a lot of people potentially taking the more expensive twill option because of this.
Not the same but I asked about them making their Core doors for the TJ, they had no desire to do it.

Not the same but I asked about them making their Core doors for the TJ, they had no desire to do it.
I would've been in for both the twill uppers and core doors, but I think it's time to realize our TJ's aren't the target market anymore unfortunately.

Reactions: Apparition
I would've been in for both the twill uppers and core doors, but I think it's time to realize our TJ's aren't the target market anymore unfortunately.
They did make the windowless top for the dynatrac jeep so there must be a price to get what you want.

DSC_8967.jpg

I'd love that to happen but don't think it will. I'm planning to make my own out of a set of OEM half doors. Just messed around with it in Photoshop so far. Will be a big undertaking, a lot of custom bodywork, custom interior panels, and I want to do the removable perspex / body colour / netting inserts too.

Would be delighted if someone steals the idea and makes them so it can save me the headache! :)

1634670371148.png

I'd love that to happen but don't think it will. I'm planning to make my own out of a set of OEM half doors. Just messed around with it in Photoshop so far. Will be a big undertaking, a lot of custom bodywork, custom interior panels, and I want to do the removable perspex / body colour / netting inserts too.

Would be delighted if someone steals the idea and makes them so it can save me the headache! :)

View attachment 284833
Interesting idea

I think the core doors being cast aluminum would be great. If they sealed and felt like a factory door they would likely sell well as half doors are nearly unobtanium.

They did make the windowless top for the dynatrac jeep so there must be a price to get what you want.

View attachment 284809

I need to speak to whoever made that happen.

I'd love to try and get an LJ Supertop NX made in the original Sahara dark tan, some black twill half doors and if I'm really pushing my luck, black twill versions of the Half Top fabric.

I'm sure it's not that hard to do custom builds of existing templates mixed with existing fabrics

I'm sure it's not that hard to do custom builds of existing templates mixed with existing fabrics
That's the most frustrating part of the twill uppers. They have all of the pieces to bring them to market easily and just won't!

• Sad
I need to speak to whoever made that happen.

I'd love to try and get an LJ Supertop NX made in the original Sahara dark tan, some black twill half doors and if I'm really pushing my luck, black twill versions of the Half Top fabric.

Some part of me wants to see if they'd make the side windows for my trektop NX solid without the windows. I'm fine with the black diamond material. All they have to do is not cut out the fabric nor sew in the window.

Marketing 101, make it look perfect.
I saw several on the road last weekend and all the one's with a soft top were severely wrinkled on the sides and they were Twill too.
There may be a difference between the installers at Ford and Bestop. I wonder if Ford even installs them. On trucks they contract out things like the bed liner and send them across the street once finished to have those sprayed in.

Reactions: Tray Burge
Has Bestop ever said why they don't do a twill set of half doors? Seems like they're missing out on a lot of people potentially taking the more expensive twill option because of this.
Not that I have seen. I wonder if a custom upholstery shop would do it?

Not that I have seen. I wonder if a custom upholstery shop would do it?

I asked Bestop a while ago. They said not enough sales to justify making and stocking twill half doors. It made no sense to me.