Bestop twill top giant logo

Acetone will remove it if you're that anal. It amazes me that people think the leader in Jeep tops or any other company wouldn't stamp their logo on a product. They're proud of the quality, you should be too. I have some Shittybilt, Rugged Ridge and Pavement Ends decals for those of you that are embarrassed that you bought a quality product. I also have some quality" Made in China by Hunter" decals. People who whine remind me of large felines.
Ill take all your stickers, how many u got?

@Davidtj

Can you post a pic of the logo after your used a sharpie? Trying to cover mine up as well
After several coats with black sharpie

BDC95574-121D-4CCD-8536-BE9D9ABC837A.jpeg

I told the Bestop rep that since the top has a lifetime guarantee when the logo starts to look all cracked and ugly I would ask for warranty replacement since logo is deterating
I wonder how good they are at backing up their warranty? I don't trust them since they cheated me out of my April rebates with some fine print in the offering. One of the reasons I bought the Twill was the warranty. Again, not sure how well they will back it up....BUT for tops on the market, they still have the best product and worth the price.

I find the logo to be a bit over the top for my tastes also, and it's pretty devious of Bestop not to show it in any pictures. Almost as if they suspected it might negatively affect sales.

The devious side of me wants to buy a few on Amazon and return them within the 30 days, listing "Item not as advertised" as the reason. Return shipping costs would be free for me, and I expect Amazon would eventually tag Bestop for it.

Reactions: TJ Starting
I hate bad customer service, misleading advertising, and big stupid logos. I have to say though, the one time I called customer service looking to buy one of those little spring loaded pull pins that holds the top to the door surround (right about where your head is) they sent me a new one for free, and quickly. That was much appreciated.

The difference being, that's been in relatively the same spot for the last 40+ years and is a bit inconspicuous. The Bestop logo is a surprise reflective tramp stamp shown no where in their marketing for the products we're purchasing.
Reflective Tramp Stamp....On my wife's Pavement Princess. Cant wait to install the top and say that to her. The black eye will be worth it.

Well I got a surprise today. Bestop did send one of the rebates requested. The rebate for the top. I at least have some of my faith restored in the company. Still not sure why they denied the rebate for the sliders, but at this point I got the larger of two. Thought it was important to post the update after all my ranting!

My top is supposed to arrive today. Lots of frustration but in the end I got the top.

Has anyone compared the Twill master top from Quadratrac? Specs appear the same at 1/2 cost and no “tramp stamp”.

Reactions: Scout734
Has anyone compared the Twill master top from Quadratrac? Specs appear the same at 1/2 cost and no “tramp stamp”.
In my opinion Bestop is far superior to others. I have looked at least one other, can't remember the brand, but was not even close to the Bestop product. Remember Bestop built a lot of tops for the Jeep factory......dealing with the backorders is the biggest issue with Bestop. I can say for sure that the Super NX Twill top is far superior to the factory top to tore off....and the factory top lasted amost 20 years. The big difference is the quality of the fabric and the fit. You can find some youtube videos of people showing the comparison of some of the tops. I like Quadratec for most stuff, but have had some quality issues with their own branded products. Just my 2 cents.....

I bought a new Supertop NX back in December when they were doing a 10% rebate. I have a hard top that I use in the winter, so I knew I wasn't going to install the top until it got warmer. So anyway, fast forward to this week, I started installing it (opened the box for the first time), and encountered a bent rear bow assembly which made the bar jut underneath the tub rail. It was pretty bad and required pulling it over to the right in order just to get it out from under the rail to raise it. So I called Bestop and to their credit they sent out a new rear bow assembly which arrived in about a week. No charge.

However, this week was the first time I'd gotten a good look at that logo on the back of the top. I was really hoping mine wouldn't have one since I bought at the end of last year, but it does. So I sent an email to my customer service contact at Bestop and complained about that logo. I told the rep I wasn't mad at him because it wasn't his fault the company slaps that logo on now, but I asked him to pass my complaint to the right people. I told him it was a bait and switch from Bestop to advertise the product as looking a certain way when it does not actually look that way. I said if I'm going to be driving around advertising for Bestop against my will, I should have at least been made aware up front when I purchased the top.

1622834361158.png

The difference being, that's been in relatively the same spot for the last 40+ years and is a bit inconspicuous. The Bestop logo is a surprise reflective tramp stamp shown no where in their marketing for the products we're purchasing.
Not to mention the Jeep logo is clearly visible in all the advertising and promotional materials! It's not like you don't know it's there when you buy it.

The gaudy Bestop logo comes as an unwelcome surprise.

Unfortunately this seems to be a trend in the industry. With few exceptions you can't by a piece of armor anymore without a giant logo, not just painted on but laser cut into it. Wait...hopefully I didn't give Bestop another idea...

To think a few years ago I was disappointed my Bestop had a small clear embossed logo on the window. This would definitely have me looking at Master Top next time if this logo is still there. I helped a buddy install one of their twill tops on his Jeep and was impressed with the quality. It only has a small indiscreet badge that is tastefully done.