Beware of FB marketplace scams

Same boat here, what is the end result they are after?
They are always after one thing....YOUR MONEY.
They will use different techniques to get it. Without actually getting in touch with these sellers it is hard to say which technique they will use.

Being in the IT field most of what I hear and read is they will at some point ask for your bank information to do a wire transfer or take control of your computer and log into your bank accounts. Then they will move money around quickly and claim to have deposited a said amount (usually transferring money from one account to another). Then say OMG I just deposited an extra 2K into your account. Then they will want you to go to your local Target/ Walmart and buy gift cards for that amount. The final goal will be to give them the gift card numbers and bam they just stole 2 grand of your money.

Unforutently there are so many other scenarios of what they do to get your money and this keeps happening because people just keep falling for it.
Don't be dumb...don't open links in emails that look suspicious, STOP letting random people connect to your PC (Unless you yourself called that specific company).

I do not use FB but use CL often to buy and sell. On CL they are looking for your email address. They can use it to spam you and sell it to others as a verified email address. I have several throw away addresses that I use for that reason. On CL I copy and paste the ad title to google to see where else the ad has been placed. Also I look at the pictures. If I see snow on the ground I know it is not Palm Springs. “I’m selling for, insert name” is definitely a red flag. With a little experience you can figure out which ones are scams. Unfortunately it’s the cost of doing business on these platforms.
When I bought my tractor on CL for $17K cash I made sure people knew where I was going and to wait for me to call them when the transaction was completed. Also I had my little friend with me.

Ok, so somebody edumacate me. How does this scam work? Say I called this guy, what's the drill? He doesn't have the thing to show me if I were to go look at it...
Try to talk you into buying it "site unseen" because its in storage and they're on deployment so they can't show you. Once you give them the cash the have a shipper deliver it to you.

Try to talk you into buying it "site unseen" because its in storage and they're on deployment so they can't show you. Once you give them the cash the have a shipper deliver it to you.
Riiiiight. And people are dumb enough to fall for that? The mind boggles!

Very unfortunate this is going on.
My wife got bit by one of these over a necklace purchase.

You'd think Meta/FB would clamp down on these scams...