Beware of FB marketplace scams

not a single day goes by where I don't get the chance to buy a low mileage pristine condition Rubicon for $1,000 :ROFLMAO:. 9 times out of 10 it's a red one but oddly enough today it was green. The funniest part is that some days the same exact photo is used by two different people in two different towns hahaha, the criminals need better coordination. Also funny is when it's advertised in Philadelphia yet the photo is laden with palm trees & whatnot, retards.

Here's one from today, CASH ONLY!

Seller's Description​

2004 2004 Keystone Outback 25FB price 1000$ CASH ONLY!! - low miles Well maintained and never missed a service. Ready to go...needs nothing!

Ruby.jpg

All that said, there are scam artists scouring every inch of the globe, this is hardly unique to the book of faces & if you think it is you may just be the next victim. I've gotten a number of killer deals from the book and I've also sold a few things. Like everything else in life, it's a tool & can be a useful one at that provided you're not a retard.

• Haha
Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
I've been on FB since 2008. I joined primarily so I can communicate with family and friends that are not local to me. It's easier and cheaper to message back and forth on FB messenger then to place a 45-minute call to Scotland.
I don't post any pictures of my family, especially my kids. I don't feel the need to post everything that is going on with my life.
I don't post up selfies.
FB used to be a decent platform, but the constant ads, the constant news bias, the fact checkers and being put in FB jail for stupid ass shit, gets old.
I got band for a week because I said...."Kill the man with the ball." A game that was placed back when I was in school.
I also had my account suspended for a month because I said..."drop a bomb." meaning take a shit. The fuck checkers said... "Iwas promoting terrorism."
You can't be sarcastic with friends or family because the fact checkers intervene.
It has gone way downhill since Trump was elected president.

FB marketplace was great when it first came on board. I've sold a lot of things on it. However then came the scammers and the trolls.
You advertise things for sale and get trolled by assholes that have nothing better to do with their time.
Half the time people never show up after agreeing to meet time.
I had one guy that said he wanted to buy an item I had for sale. We agreed on a time. he never showed. he was constantly texting me saying he was running behind, he was lost, I'm right down the road, etc.
His last text to me was.... I never left my house. I just wanted to see you waste a day waiting for me.

My most recent FB marketplace experience was last Saturday. I was in contact with a seller of a 1999 XJ. everything looked legit. The seller sent me additional pictures I asked for. I even spoke with him on the phone. He was asking a fair price. We agreed to a meet up time at his house. I showed up, knocked on the door. This guy answers, I tell him I'm here about the XJ. He tells me it's his and not for sale. I showed him the ad and he was like WTF.
So now I trust nothing. Rant over.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Tob
not a single day goes by where I don't get the chance to buy a low mileage pristine condition Rubicon for $1,000 :ROFLMAO:. 9 times out of 10 it's a red one but oddly enough today it was green. The funniest part is that some days the same exact photo is used by two different people in two different towns hahaha, the criminals need better coordination. Also funny is when it's advertised in Philadelphia yet the photo is laden with palm trees & whatnot, retards.

Here's one from today, CASH ONLY!

Seller's Description​

2004 2004 Keystone Outback 25FB price 1000$ CASH ONLY!! - low miles Well maintained and never missed a service. Ready to go...needs nothing!

View attachment 314492

All that said, there are scam artists scouring every inch of the globe, this is hardly unique to the book of faces & if you think it is you may just be the next victim. I've gotten a number of killer deals from the book and I've also sold a few things. Like everything else in life, it's a tool & can be a useful one at that provided you're not a retard.
WOW.... it's for sale by me too.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...wse_serp:1fe6a3b7-a851-489f-a026-035493a98ea9

I never buy any used vehicle unless I go see it and drive it and pay for it with cash in hand. They don't want that, they don't need my money.

Whether I’m buying or selling something if I get an uncomfortable feeling I’ll just ask them if they will meet me with it at the police station.

I also get a lot of scammers contacting my construction company-

The one thing that everybody needs to watch for is what these people are typically trying to do is get into your bank account-

I have a field day with them-

I’ll tell them that we want to protect them since they’re trying to do a transaction with us remotely and that will go ahead and turn their information into the police department Anti-fraud Division and get the ball rolling for them - I have been cussed up one side and down the other

There must be something going on right now with scamming in full throttle.
I just found 3 more all jeeps and a couple of trucks with these copy paste description.
They are all coming up in my top picks on FB marketplace. I am sure it is because of the 1K price for all of these so everyone is clicking on them.

yesterday was the green one, today it's the black one:

Seller's Description​

The price is: $1200. I always kept it in garage, no rust, no dents, original paint, no accidents and clean title without any liens or encumbrances. Excellent condition. It is a non-smoker, non-pets in this jeep. It was just serviced 3 days ago, new tires, tags up to date, etc.

Ruby 2.jpg

Seller's Description​

The price is: $1200. I always kept it in garage, no rust, no dents, original paint, no accidents and clean title without any liens or encumbrances. Excellent condition. It is a non-smoker, non-pets in this jeep. It was just serviced 3 days ago, new tires, tags up to date, etc.

View attachment 314692
Ok, so somebody edumacate me. How does this scam work? Say I called this guy, what's the drill? He doesn't have the thing to show me if I were to go look at it...

There are scams on every internet sale site in use. I hate t o admit it but I was scammed a short while ago out of a fairly good chunk of change. It was sent to a physical address USPS. The local police will do nothing. Said they dont even investigate it. Sad.

Ok, so somebody edumacate me. How does this scam work? Say I called this guy, what's the drill? He doesn't have the thing to show me if I were to go look at it...
I've been wondering the same thing, I have no idea what the intention is on their part. Often with these ads Face Book has a flag on it that says something like "this seller has selected 'vacation mode' which means they can't receive messages", but in the ad they have an email address so presumably the dumbass 'buyer' will send them an email & end up on some list, I guess. Another version says "don't contact me, I'm just selling this for my aunt, please email her directly at....". Seems like some method of mining email addresses?

It's all so fucking obvious that for the life of me I can't believe there's anyone stupid enough to fall for it. I mean at least make some effort at appearing legitimate, put a price on there that doesn't scream I'm full of shit. But I've been seeing these same ads for years so I guess to some extent they work for whatever end they're trying for... Seriously the red ruby has been posted at least 100 times, same picture every time, it's ridiculous.

Seller's Description​

View attachment 314692
Again, listed by me. These guys are relentless.

Again, listed by me. These guys are relentless.
how's this for relentless, AFTER I posted that black ruby another went up for sale again but at a whopping 2 grand this time :ROFLMAO:; it's rather amusing to watch these guys trip over their dicks to do whatever it is they're trying to do:

Seller's Description​

2004 JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON - $2000. I always kept it in garage, no rust, no dents, original paint, no accidents and clean title without any liens or encumbrances. Excellent condition. It is a non-smoker, non-pets in this JEEP. It was just serviced 3 days ago, new tires, tags up to date, etc. Price $2,000 2004 JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON Clear Title in hand Runs and Drives Perfect, zero issues! Thanks in advance!

Ruby 3.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: williambmac
The only thing I've been able to come up with is maybe they ask for a deposit. Someone should email them and see what they say to put the question to rest.
I'd normally say the folks wouldn't be that stupid but then I remember that I get 10 phone scam calls a day. That is a lot of effort they put into those so it becomes quite obvious that if it didn't work, they wouldn't do it.

We're from the Dept. of Visa and Mastercard. Great, which card are you calling about? Visa and MC. No, I understood that part, you called me, who am I and what card am I going to get 0 interest on? Click.

Reactions: rasband
I'd normally say the folks wouldn't be that stupid but then I remember that I get 10 phone scam calls a day. That is a lot of effort they put into those so it becomes quite obvious that if it didn't work, they wouldn't do it.

We're from the Dept. of Visa and Mastercard. Great, which card are you calling about? Visa and MC. No, I understood that part, you called me, who am I and what card am I going to get 0 interest on? Click.
I've had a legitimate call from my credit card company to discuss something and they ask "To verify your identity, what is your address/birth date/etc" WTF you called me, how about you verify your identity. I just tell them I'll hang up and call the number on the back of the card. It ended up being legit but I don't remember why they called.

Reactions: rasband