BFG KM3's Load range D or E?

TJBrad04

On the fence....

The 37x12.50 is a load range D and the 37x13.50 is a load range E.

I don't really "need" the extra weight capacity, but the thicker sidewall would be nice for added strength. I really like the larger footprint of the 13.50 also. The 13.50 must be made of unobtanium and has been on b/o since last year.

Are there any downfalls of the E on our lighter rigs? I will be running beadlocks also...

Leaning toward the 12.50 "D"

Thoughts??

On the fence....

The 37x12.50 is a load range D and the 37x13.50 is a load range E.

I don't really "need" the extra weight capacity, but the thicker sidewall would be nice for added strength. I really like the larger footprint of the 13.50 also. The 13.50 must be made of unobtanium and has been on b/o since last year.

Are there any downfalls of the E on our lighter rigs? I will be running beadlocks also...

Leaning toward the 12.50 "D"

Thoughts??
I have KM3 35’s and really like them. As far as a E rated tire it’s way more than needed and will probably ride stiff.

Are you running 37’s now?

The extra width may limit your turn radius but that’s the lowest BS I’ve heard of anyone running so maybe a 13.5” width will work.
35s on 3.75"bs now

I'll admit the 3.25"bs might not be "ideal", but I think it should look killer

Primm Beadlocks

truck-wheels-rims-black-rhino-primm-6-lug-matte-black-with-black-bolts-17x8-5-std-500_6452.png

Reactions: taylormade73
I saw that they actually make the 37 x 17 in load range C I just can find anyone who actually stocks them.

X2 to the above Load Range C recommendation. Not only will it ride a lot but not being so stiff will help with offroad traction.

I recently went from my second set of LR E 33s to LR C 35s. While I think I can say the new tires are more comfortable, the difference is so subtle that I can't say where it is actually coming from.

The way some people talk about the difference been E and C, I expected something dramatic. That is not the case.

Unless you do a lot of off road work, STAY AWAY from load D or E range. I had some Toyo range E and they worked good off road, but the on road performance sucked (snow performance was terrible also) no matter what pressure I ran. I have since gone to General's in a C range and the jeep rides like a dream compared to the E range. They also work good off road here in the San Juans. Listen to what others have said here about stiff side walls.

I recently went from my second set of LR E 33s to LR C 35s. While I think I can say the new tires are more comfortable, the difference is so subtle that I can't say where it is actually coming from.

The way some people talk about the difference been E and C, I expected something dramatic. That is not the case.

I thought the same, i went from E to C on my Tacoma and noticed zero difference. I went from E to D on jeep and also noticed no difference. Now when i went from 32" to 34" on my F250, it was like a WORLD of difference. Both E rated but the ride improved drastically from the new tires.

I would LOVE to try Km3 37 in C rated though if I can find them. The seem like the perfect LJ tire.

As others have said, a load range C is ideal. However, since C rated tires are extremely limited in a 17" size, I've been running a 35x12.50R17 D rated MTZ P3 for more than a year now and it's worked very well for me. You will have to run lower pressures, but I haven't noticed any ill effects, on or off-road.

Last edited: