BFG T/A KO2: any reason not to buy them?

Indeed I am - PM sent. :D

Yikes - went to my local tire shop and got a quote for 4 of the KO2s mounted, balanced and currents disposed of and with tax, it was $932.

Woof - didn't think it'd be THAT much to put 'em on! lol

Yikes - went to my local tire shop and got a quote for 4 of the KO2s mounted, balanced and currents disposed of and with tax, it was $932.

Do you have a Costco nearby? I know here they are the cheapest place to get KO2's.

Reactions: UpperMI

When I was looking to put Duratracs on my TJ, I priced out a bunch of local places to get them as I wanted to try and stay local.....in the end it cost me a $100 more for 4 new tires and new AR23 wheels, mounted and balanced, delivered from DTD than it was to just get the 4 tires locally.

Reactions: CybrSlydr
You night want to wait for Memorial Day or another big holiday (like 4th of July) sale. I got my duratracs from America’s tire (ordered) during a memorial day sale. Got a $25/tire rebate from America’s tire and a $25/tire discount from Goodyear. Plus they gave $10/per tire off by ordering them on line. Total savings was $60 per tire. My 245/75/16 duratracs in a load rating of c, cost me $123 per tire. With tax, mounting And disposal, I was out the door for $622.

You can use Tirerack and have them set up install near you. You could at least compare price. Sounds like a lot to me.

You can use Tirerack and have them set up install near you. You could at least compare price. Sounds like a lot to me.

That's why I was surprised by how much more it was - TireRack says $783 including shipping of $114 to my zip code. I'm thinking I might see what it'd cost me at DTD up in Columbus if they have them in stock to get them mounted and balanced. Set of 4 on DTD is $834.20 including tax but not mount/balance/install/disposal.

I got em new. Great tire, quiet, smooth, look great, great traction. Not sure I'll ever try anything else now.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

That's why I was surprised by how much more it was - TireRack says $783 including shipping of $114 to my zip code. I'm thinking I might see what it'd cost me at DTD up in Columbus if they have them in stock to get them mounted and balanced. Set of 4 on DTD is $834.20 including tax but not mount/balance/install/disposal.
You need to do tires once my friend. How bad are your current tires? Can you live with them until your lift goes on? You don’t want to spend that kinda cash twice if you absolutely done have to. Be easy to that wallet! 900 bucks will buy some sweet bumpers, seats, or whatever else you want. Patience is the key.

If I had a stock height Jeep I would do a 2” spring lift, 1” body lift and go with a set of 33” Dick Cepek extreme terrains. When I upgraded from stock Rubicon wheels to beadlocks I went from the DCs to BFG MT KO2s and I don’t like them as well as the DCs.

If you're planning on getting bigger tires down the road, I'd suggest hitting up Craigslist and finding a good used set for cheap.

Reactions: Starrs
So you really think doing the lift first is a better idea? Why can't I put 33s on stock and lift it later?

Will stock 16" rims not work with 33s?

So you really think doing the lift first is a better idea? Why can't I put 33s on stock and lift it later?

Will stock 16" rims not work with 33s?
You can get 33s in any size tire of your choice. I have 33s and 16s on my jeep. Lift and tires together would be my vote. You saw first hand how expensive tires are...your not gonna wanna buy 2 sets.

I did a three and a quarter inch lift with 33 inch tires on 15-inch wheels.

I stayed with 15 inch even though I got new Wheels because I wanted more rubber for a slightly softer ride. Also I went with these tires because they had them in C range which would also help eliminate a stiff ride.

The ride in the TJ is rough enough as it is. Here's a picture please keep in mind I've done a lot of painting to the TJ excetera since this picture so it looks a lot better.

152b6aa49963cb8af0899e3641118039.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I have the 32 x 11.5 x 15 KO2's on my 98 Sport, stock size Duratracks on my 13 Sarha JKU, stock size Duratracks on my 01 Navigator. The KO2's are significantly quieter on the road. Noise = energy use. I can't really tell the tire difference off road though between the two Jeeps (keep in mind the different characteristics of the vehicles and different tire sizes and widths).

I just got a card from 4wd, that says" we will not be beat on bf goodrich tires. rebate all month long on the ko2 all terrain an km2 mud terrrain tires. check 4wd.com for all the great deals on tires. bfgoodrich radial all terrain ko2 mud terrain : mt2 take a stroll up 77, an have them put em on, after the match what ever deal you got, I will meet you there an sell you the spare:)

I can't speak to the specifics of the Rubi & 33's, but when I went up to 31's on my SE they fit in the wells, but my turning radius took a major hit and I did some damage to the fenders on the trail. They 'fit', but they didn't really 'work'. I'm a cheap bastard so I went with a budget boost. It was dirt cheap and gave me enough clearance to enjoy my new, larger tires. If you can't spring for the full lift right now but want the big tires, you might want to consider it.

The idea is to get this thing as rock-solid and ready for another 100k miles before I look at anything I would classify as "non-essential"

There is no such thing as a 'non-essential' Jeep upgrade. It's like a needy girlfriend - only more expensive.