Bluetooth amp install with stock radio

This is really cool, I would like to do something similar to this. I don't know much about car audio, but is it possible to add a subwoofer to this setup?
You can just go to crutchfield.com and get a double din JVC nice radio for a $139 wiring and everything you need is included easy install then you have modern radio Bluetooth and everything

You can just go to crutchfield.com and get a double din JVC nice radio for a $139 wiring and everything you need is included easy install then you have modern radio Bluetooth and everything

yeah i know - i just love a clean stock look and i am debating weather to get a new head unit or do something like what OP did in this thread

I decided to get some better sounds this weekend. I had already installed Polk Audio speakers. Now I wanted more power and Bluetooth.
Enter Kenwood 400w marine amp:
View attachment 63955
Comes with a Bluetooth controller. I wanted to stick with the factory radio. Sentimental I guess.
First step, add a mini fuse box to the battery:
View attachment 63956
Next step, mount the amp to a board and attach to steering column:
View attachment 63957

Now for the hard part. Tap into the factory harness. I always solder and shrink tubing. 8 cuts, 16 solder joints.
View attachment 63958
Getting the radio out was actually harder than I expected due to the bolt in the back attaching it to a support.
After the wiring time to start buttoning up the dash:
View attachment 63959

Now to mount the Bluetooth controller. With some careful cutting with the dremel I got it nicely tucked into the switch panel:
View attachment 63961
View attachment 63960
View attachment 63962
Really liked the way that came out. The amp has a usb for charging the phone, so I won’t miss the lighter outlet.

The amp really makes a big difference and I love having Bluetooth now. Highly recommended amp.
Hi Todd! Could you possibly go into more detail on how you tapped into the factory radio harness? I would like to do this mod but I am very much a novice when it comes to audio wiring. Which wires were cut and soldered from the factory harness to rca for the new amp?

Hi Todd! Could you possibly go into more detail on how you tapped into the factory radio harness? I would like to do this mod but I am very much a novice when it comes to audio wiring. Which wires were cut and soldered from the factory harness to rca for the new amp?
Crutchfield has a lot of wiring adapters the plug into the factory plugs and give flying leads. If you're not familiar with soldering I would give them a call and see if they have something first.