Body lift and motor mount lift install help

I tried to install the MML tonight (1" budget lift from JKS) and I was able to get the passenger side through bolt installed, but the drivers side I couldn't make happen. I was lifting the engine to try to line up the through bolt and the entire jeep was lifting up. Then my front diff started leaking. The instructions don't give me any guidance on how to get the engine lifted up so I can install the last through bolt. Any help is greatly appreciated.

dont take my word for it, im sure others will chime in, but I recall putting a 4x4 on a jack and going at the bellhousing/trans. was able to get the engine high enough for the bolts to slide through

Reactions: L J
dont take my word for it, im sure others will chime in, but I recall putting a 4x4 on a jack and going at the bellhousing/trans. was able to get the engine high enough for the bolts to slide through

OK I think I'm just jacking it from the wrong place then. Where exactly is the bell housingon a 2006 LJ? Behind the front diff and in front of the Oil pan I would assume?

OK I think I'm just jacking it from the wrong place then. Where exactly is the bell housingon a 2006 LJ? Behind the front diff and in front of the Oil pan I would assume?

The bellhousing is the very front of the transmission where it attaches to the engine block. It's where the clutch, torque converter and flywheel live.

Most put a length of 2x4 under the oil pan behind the oil drain valley and jack from there.

Reactions: D M
Most put a length of 2x4 under the oil pan behind the oil drain valley and jack from there.

This is what I was doing and at a certain point it was just jacking the entire jeep up and the front diff started leaking. I also could get the rear through bolt hole nearly lined up but the front was waaaay off. Like no chance to get the bolt through.

This is what I was doing and at a certain point it was just jacking the entire jeep up and the front diff started leaking. I also could get the rear through bolt hole nearly lined up but the front was waaaay off. Like no chance to get the bolt through.

Photo?

Lifting the engine caused the differential to start leaking? That's an odd problem to correlate.

Lifting the engine caused the differential to start leaking? That's an odd problem to correlate.

All I could think was that somehow I was flexing something I shouldn't have been by lifting the jeep up. I'm super confused because I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

All I could think was that somehow I was flexing something I shouldn't have been by lifting the jeep up. I'm super confused because I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Is it leaking from the cover or the pinion seal?

Wood block under the bell housing. Jack it up higher.

As you lift the engine, you're also taking weight off of the Jeep, so it will come up too. Keep lifting, eventually the Jeep will stop rising and the engine will go on up.

Ok thx. I’ll torque them down again.

I'd drain the oil, pull the cover, clean the mating surface, reapply some oil resistant RTV, reinstall the cover, torque the bolts down and refill the amount of oil prescribed in the service manual.

Reactions: JMT
I'd drain the oil, pull the cover, clean the mating surface, reapply some oil resistant RTV, reinstall the cover, torque the bolts down and refill the amount of oil prescribed in the service manual.

I actually replaced the diff covers a few months ago and used a lubelocker seal so I’ll just torque them down again and top off the fluid.

I actually replaced the diff covers a few months ago and used a lubelocker seal so I’ll just torque them down again and top off the fluid.

Not much love for LubeLockers around here. Some success, some failure. I’ve had some of both myself.

Are you saying the engine is tilted forward? Then you need to jack from a place that counters the tilt. Be safe and use another jack if you can.