Savvy body lift didn't come with instructions

I’ve been patiently waiting to see. What are you holding out for? ;)

looking for the right Gstring ;) LOL

Patience young Jedi's. Still need to black out the crack and figure out how to drill a new hole for the driver side lower mount for the fan shroud. Held on by 3 bolts right now, so not complete. I hate to post pics when shit's not complete.

Reactions: Starrs
Is this the crack u guys r referring to?
Does this mean I have a BL?
20180306_230315.jpg

Reactions: Starrs
Look at your body mounts. Stock is about an inch thick disc of rubber. A body lift usually consists of a spacer stacked on top of the factory mount.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I think I've seen just that when crawling around under the jeep. I'll look again closer tomorrow:)

View attachment 34353 I feel like I have uploaded this image atleast 5x lol. I still to this day think the OME 2.5” lift with the HD springs will fit 33” KM2s easy. BL is not needed. I can’t prove it obviously, but there is a lot of room to flex in my fender well. Anyway enjoy the all you can eat ass buffet lol
I'll take some measurements from mine when I can. It looks like the largest I could do with the manual bender would be 48". The largest lower tool we have for the hydraulic press brake is 44.500" inches. Unfortunately, the upper tool was cut down years ago into smaller pieces and resized for different angles. Doesn't mean I couldn't come up with something, though. I have access to different grades and thicknesses of aluminum, as well. I might just experiment a bit, and see what's doable, and what isn't...

View attachment 34353 I feel like I have uploaded this image atleast 5x lol. I still to this day think the OME 2.5” lift with the HD springs will fit 33” KM2s easy. BL is not needed. I can’t prove it obviously, but there is a lot of room to flex in my fender well. Anyway enjoy the all you can eat ass buffet lol

Oh god... I hadn't actually seen the rear view before with a body lift... It truly is hideous!

Oh god... I hadn't actually seen the rear view before with a body lift... It truly is hideous!
Kind of the norm I guess with these TJs not sure. Seems like a lot of ppl recommend BLs. I know Dirk at DPG reccomdends then, but I’m not a fan. I’ll prolly take mine off eventually if I feel like it.

Kind of the norm I guess with these TJs not sure. Seems like a lot of ppl recommend BLs. I know Dirk at DPG reccomdends then, but I’m not a fan. I’ll prolly take mine off eventually if I feel like it.

I've never actually seen a TJ with a body lift from the rear. Or if I did, it must have had a bumper large enough to cover up some of the gap.

I'm going to wait to see what @bobthetj03's looks like with his 1/2" body lift. If I don't like the look, I'll just get rid of the body lift altogether.

I mean technically if I ever wanted a tuck, I could get the UCF skid plate they sell that doesn't require any body lift. You gain about 1.5" of clearance over the stock skid, so it's still something.

Patience young Jedi's. Still need to black out the crack and figure out how to drill a new hole for the driver side lower mount for the fan shroud. Held on by 3 bolts right now, so not complete. I hate to post pics when shit's not complete.
I know that bolt! Funny I never see that bolt come up when I assume everyone has trouble with it. I didn’t even bother, knowing I’d get the BL soon to match my MML. It’s back on now, of course.

Reactions: bobthetj03
Several really good modifications require a small body lift unless you are ok chopping up the body. Raising the transfer case and gas tank skids are the most common and most important. The Savvy mid arm also requires it.

I couldn't have parked on this little tiny hill without a body lift. :)
6a13852a9514368a4ecfcf0c56ce8516.jpg

A future project for me, is to raise the six body mounts along the sides in order to eliminate the lift pucks. A more extensive plan is to cut and raise the very rear of the frame in order to do the same. Both will add some clearance, in addition to "hiding" the body lift.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh you guys are OCD. There are so many advantages to a small BL, the function far outweighs the apparent form defect; allowance for bigger tires, less bump stop, more articulation, more room for oversized spare, easier access to fuel filler, more tuck capability, shall I go on? 99.9% of people will never notice. You can paint it, buy a bumper to hide it, remove rear fender covers and paint it all one color and it will all but disappear. I don’t regret mine at all, and that’s why guys like Blaine and Dirk recommend them.

Oh my gosh you guys are OCD. There are so many advantages to a small BL, the function far outweighs the apparent form defect; allowance for bigger tires, less bump stop, more articulation, more room for oversized spare, easier access to fuel filler, more tuck capability, shall I go on? 99.9% of people will never notice. You can paint it, buy a bumper to hide it, remove rear fender covers and paint it all one color and it will all but disappear. I don’t regret mine at all, and that’s why guys like Blaine and Dirk recommend them.
I agree

Here is mine. There is a lot going on that distracts from the gap.
9112c3c66d4789e35e61f169f82b61f1.jpg

Reactions: JMT and StG58