Savvy body lift didn't come with instructions

would use which, the Threadlock? I live in GA so corrosion is very much not an issue
Oops, anti-seize. But if corrosion is not an issue, I probably wouldn’t worry about it

would use which, the Threadlock? I live in GA so corrosion is very much not an issue
Corrosion isn't much of an issue in Colorado either but I recall 2-3 of the factory bolts being really tough to get out. There was moisture inside the tub. I would still strongly recommend antiseize on the new hardware.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JMT
Like I anticipated, got antsy and put the bl on last weekend. Love the result tho! I'm not a huge fan of the crack between the body and rear bumper tho..... not the end of the world, but does anyone know of any type of rear armor I can get to cover it up?

if not, I'll just deal with it. it's not THAT bad.

Reactions: Chris
... I'm not a huge fan of the crack between the body and rear bumper tho..... not the end of the world, but does anyone know of any type of rear armor I can get to cover it up?

A swing out tire carrier.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Like I anticipated, got antsy and put the bl on last weekend. Love the result tho! I'm not a huge fan of the crack between the body and rear bumper tho..... not the end of the world, but does anyone know of any type of rear armor I can get to cover it up?

if not, I'll just deal with it. it's not THAT bad.

@bobthetj03 is having this issue as well, and he only has a 1/2" body lift. I'm putting on the same body lift as well, but also dreading the "crack". Ugh...

Reactions: bobthetj03
@bobthetj03 is having this issue as well, and he only has a 1/2" body lift. I'm putting on the same body lift as well, but also dreading the "crack". Ugh...
I'm thinking of maybe using some 3m to attach a piece of diamond plating from the edge right below the tailgate opening and the top of the bumper.... not sure how feasible that is but I don't want to drill anything if I don't have to & don't want to spend a ton of money on it bc it just isn't on the top of my list right now... thoughts?

I'm thinking of maybe using some 3m to attach a piece of diamond plating from the edge right below the tailgate opening and the top of the bumper.... not sure how feasible that is but I don't want to drill anything if I don't have to & don't want to spend a ton of money on it bc it just isn't on the top of my list right now... thoughts?
I don’t know if you’ve replaced your rear bumper with an aftermarket yet, but they do make some that cover the crack. It’s an option for the future if you can wait to spend money to fix it

Personally I think I would just get a bumper that covers it up and live with it until then.

You can also paint the crack black. It will blend in with your bumper more and be less noticeable.

You can also paint the crack black. It will blend in with your bumper more and be less noticeable.

This is my next task. There will also be a gap in the rear wheel well between the frame and the splash shield. I'm glad I only did the .5" BL cause any more gap would have driven me nuts.

This is my next task. There will also be a gap in the rear wheel well between the frame and the splash shield. I'm glad I only did the .5" BL cause any more gap would have driven me nuts.

I think you should weld in a new tunnel, get rid of the crack, and then you can raise the transfer case up flush into the new tunnel, haha. In other words, how it should have been from the factory.

Reactions: KCsTJ and JMT
Can someone get some close-up pics of the dreaded "crack", please? Being that I haven't looked at what's involved with it before, I'm curious to know if a simple panel were to be made to fill in the gap, what would be the best way to mount it? Could it simply be screwed/bolted to the underside of the panel below the tailgate? I need to look into this on my own rig at home, but if anyone has a pic or ideas, lay it on me. I may or may not have access to a large press brake within my department that I may or may not be able to use to make what amounts to a filler panel. If I did have such access, I may or may not be able to calm the natives who are so upset with a little cleavage at the back of their rigs... ;) Seriously, though, there is a possibility that I could come up with something. I'll look into it on my end, but how about some close-ups of anything that might be in the way. Is it just a wide-open gap that runs from side-to-side?

Can someone get some close-up pics of the dreaded "crack", please? Being that I haven't looked at what's involved with it before, I'm curious to know if a simple panel were to be made to fill in the gap, what would be the best way to mount it? Could it simply be screwed/bolted to the underside of the panel below the tailgate? I need to look into this on my own rig at home, but if anyone has a pic or ideas, lay it on me. I may or may not have access to a large press brake within my department that I may or may not be able to use to make what amounts to a filler panel. If I did have such access, I may or may not be able to calm the natives who are so upset with a little cleavage at the back of their rigs... ;) Seriously, though, there is a possibility that I could come up with something. I'll look into it on my end, but how about some close-ups of anything that might be in the way. Is it just a wide-open gap that runs from side-to-side?
I can definitely take a few tomorrow.

Reactions: StG58
Both areas I have painted. I obviously hate the dreaded BL and I wish I hadn’t done it, but live and learn.

like @JMT said, I can also get some pictures tomorrow. interested in what you may or may not be able to put together

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
66577A66-38DB-4680-892A-1B722C778AFD.jpeg
I feel like I have uploaded this image atleast 5x lol. I still to this day think the OME 2.5” lift with the HD springs will fit 33” KM2s easy. BL is not needed. I can’t prove it obviously, but there is a lot of room to flex in my fender well. Anyway enjoy the all you can eat ass buffet lol