Boosted Technologies Eaton M90 Supercharger Kit

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
There's a new (well kind of new) company out there that sells Eaton M90 supercharger kits for our Wrangler TJs. A lot of people may have heard of Cobra Marty or jeepsuperchargers.net

Those guys have been around for a long time on the forums selling Eaton M62 kits. Well, the entire time they were being supplied the kits by Rick Rimmer. Rick recently decided to sell his company (he never actually had an official website to buy his kits on) and it was purchased by a nice Wrangler TJ owner named Mark Cook.

Mark kept Rick in charge of R&D in the company since Rick knows his shit. However, Mark wanted to take the business to a new level by building a website and really marketing things. Coincidently enough, Mark had me build him a website for the new company which he named Boosted Technologies.

That being said, I do have some sort of association with them since I built and maintain their website. However, I don't get anything whatsoever for promoting them, I just really like these guys a lot, and their customer service is fantastic.

I have one of their Eaton M90 supercharger kits that I have yet to install (when I do I'll write a review on it). In the meantime though I wanted everyone on here to be able to check them out just incase anyone out there is looking for a good way to completely transform (and almost double the power output) your 4.0!

You can visit their site by clicking this link: Boosted Technologies

I know I will most likely get 'boosted' for this, but, why supercharge a jeep?

Easier and less of hassle. Do you have any idea what it takes to properly assemble and install a GOOD turbo kit?

Meanwhile a supercharger is a fraction of the cost of a GOOD turbo kit, and it's 3-5 hour install tops.

You miss my point entirely.. Let me ask, why do you need double horsepower?

What happens when you add weight to a vehicle? Especially in the manner that we do with our TJs by adding insanely heavy wheels, tires, bumpers and more.

What happens is you start to lose power, a lot of it. Your power to weight ratio gets worse and worse (as if it wasn't bad enough to begin with). By adding a supercharger you gain all that power back (and then some), and now have a Jeep that can go straight into a headwind at highway speed with 35" tires without any hesitation whatsoever, all the while carrying 4 people in the Jeep.

What happens when you add weight to a vehicle? Especially in the manner that we do with our TJs by adding insanely heavy wheels, tires, bumpers and more.

What happens is you start to lose power, a lot of it. Your power to weight ratio gets worse and worse (as if it wasn't bad enough to begin with). By adding a supercharger you gain all that power back (and then some), and now have a Jeep that can go straight into a headwind at highway speed with 35" tires without any hesitation whatsoever, all the while carrying 4 people in the Jeep.

Then again, anyone driving a TJ with 4 people in it has a poor selection of vehicles to pick from for passengers.

Reactions: Stinger
Asking "Why do you need double the horsepower?" is kind of like asking a Jeep owner, "Why do you need a Dana 60?". I'd be willing to bet the majority of us don't need a Dana 60, yet some of us will still install a Dana 60 for no other reason than the fact that we like overkill.

A supercharger is the same situation. For some of us it may be overkill, but we still do it anyways. The Jeep is a hobby of mine, so I always like to be tinkering with it and 'modding' it.

In my case the supercharger will help out to compensate for all the extra weight I am constantly adding to the Jeep.

How should I put this without without enraging the greater community .... I hope you understand that doubling your HP will double your potential for breaking axles.. Even those nice shiny chromoly ones.

How should I put this without without enraging the greater community .... I hope you understand that doubling your HP will double your potential for breaking axles.. Even those nice shiny chromoly ones.

I'm not enraged at all, I hope I didn't come across as enraged.

I understand what you're saying, I am just not worried about it. There's well over 100 guys on the forums who have been running this same kit (some of them for close to a decade) and never had any issues with the driveline at all.

210hp at the wheels really isn't that much to worry about in all honesty. The supercharger route is a tried and tested solution. Talk to one of those guys like Cobra Marty who have been running one for a long, long time.

It's those 100 guys I am talking about. lol

Haha! Well, once mine is up and running I plan on doing a write-up on here. It will take years, but I'll let people know how it goes and if I personally run into any issues with it.

I mainly wanted it for up hill passing power on the highway. My around town power is just fine. I also don't plan on driving it like a douche bag (i.e. burnouts, drag racing, etc.).

There isn't a TJ made that in stock form with the stock t-case and lockers that can't break a Dana 60 axle if the driveshaft doesn't go first. So, even though you may be doubling the potential, it is easily mitigated by driving off road with your right foot connected to your brain via your wallet, or not. I don't like to break stuff. I will however push it to the limit to make a line that other folks didn't see and I know the risk and how much work AND money AND time it will take to fix it should it happen to turn brown. So, sometimes I make the direct connection to my foot and avoid my wallet altogether.

I also rarely see folks break stuff that afterwards try to say they were being smart about what they were doing.

20151019_234537.jpg I have a 92 yj with their newer m90 kit on it. I have about 6000 miles on it now. To John Carmony...why? it is the part throttle response that I really like. The Jeep is not fast and it is not really powerful but it really is fun to drive. This twin screw supercharger makes 3 psi boost under 1500 rpm. It is just very throttle responsive and fun. I now have the smallest pulley and running 8psi with 70mm throttle body. Im running 18" jk wheels and with their stock Bridgestone tires, my jeep is a drifting machine in the rain. Im have the ax15 trans, 410 gears, and 31" tires. I think I got one of the first kits of this newer m90 so there were no instructions but I found it easy to figure out and really the guys at Boosted Tech are great and easy to talk to. Actually it was fun to install even though I had a lot more work to do on my yj to make it work than you guys with tj. For the tj I would guess that the install and first start up will happen on the first day.20151019_234531.jpg

I've been thinking of some sort of power adder.. either a turbo, SC or just a big bottle shot just cuz. I drive with my right foot hard. But I'm extremely well at letting out of it at the right time.
I've done some quick searched of the Ford 3.8 super charger swap, but not of any major depth.

Reactions: Chris
I really don't think you can go wrong with this cheap and complete kit. I don't know personally Boosted Tech and I have no gain to building up the popularity of their kit. My jeep had the install done at 188000 miles, yep im kinda an idiot, I have a y band, proper boost gauge, 703 injectors, a ceramic header, stainless exhaust with no cat and 3" intake tubing all the way from filter to throttle body. When I had the smallest 5 psi pulley on which comes with the kit, mine was rich across the board but that may have been due to my larger 70mm throttle body. Even still it would do 2-3 psi around 1500 rpm. Instead of leaning it out, I just went for the smaller pulley which made it slightly lean. The split second software is very easy to tune and boosted tech, Mark, helped me with a short phone call as some rules on using the system. So rule number one for a purchaser, don't change the pulley unless you can watch the fuel mixture and know some basics on tuning. But from what I have seen with my experience here, it is quite possible to throw the supercharger on as it was intended with small pulley, and forget about it. no boost gauge no AFR gauge.
Question here as a new member, can you, the reader, blow up my above thumb nails? what is the best way to post a bunch of pictures?

Just use the 'upload a file' button next to the post reply button. Upload all your images and then hit 'Insert as full size'.

Mouth, ive been hot rodding all kinds of stuff since the 80s. believe me this $2300 kit is the cats meow! And you can get more...if you keep an eye on things. with my 8 psi, I have gotten myself in some situations where I was truly abusive and I cannot believe that I have not broken a piston ring land, yet. I initially was thinking of a stroker under the m90 but now that I have this thing tuned, the Jeep actually has enough power for my purposes anyway. I now will just see how long I can get it to last and when it does pop, I will keep it a 4.0.