Boosted Technologies vs Magnum Powers Supercharger

Abdu

I have been saving up for a supercharger. I want to get the most out of my money. Which supercharger kit is going to give more bang for my buck?
I ve seen that Magnum offer's upgrades to add more horsepower like better pulley. Are both kits going to be doing essentially the same power? or does magnum produce more power with their kit. Its a 2k difference almost?? why is that

I have been saving up for a supercharger. I want to get the most out of my money. Which supercharger kit is going to give more bang for my buck?
I ve seen that Magnum offer's upgrades to add more horsepower like better pulley. Are both kits going to be doing essentially the same power? or does magnum produce more power with their kit. Its a 2k difference almost?? why is that
I just want more highway speed but . If I am going to spend 3k why not wait and save more to get magnum ? is it worth getting that kit

Not even a question about it that the Magnum Powers supercharger is the better choice.

Why is it more expensive? Here's a few reasons:
  1. The Boosted Tech supercharger is simply a rebuild M90 supercharger from an old Buick.
  2. The Magnum Powers uses a much more efficient modern take on the Eaton supercharger which Charles (who owns Magnum Powers) builds himself in his shop (yes, he builds the entire thing himself). I've met this guy in person and seen his shop, and I kid you not when I say that this guy has some serious skills.
  3. The Boosted Tech unit is not cooled, therefore you can only run a low psi.
  4. The Magnum Powers unit includes it's own water to air intercooler to cool the charge temps, which amounts to a much bigger increase in power.
  5. The Magnum Powers unit has it's own independent drive belt and pulley. If you know anything about high boost forced induction systems, you'll know how important this is.
So is the Magnum Powers supercharger worth more? Hell yes it is! The Boosted Tech will give you around an extra 60whp give or take. The Magnum Powers with the stock pulley will give you around an extra 100whp give or take.

The Magnum Powers unit also has the ability to run over 25 psi of boost (with a built engine of course), which can't be said for the Eaton M90 in the Boosted Tech kit.

So you decide. If you want a decent amount of power, the Boosted Tech kit is a good choice. If you want gobs of power with the ability to get even more power as you build your engine, Magnum Powers is the better choice by a substantial amount.

I've owned both superchargers for what it's worth and I know both Mark (Boosted Tech) and Charles on a first name basis.

1. The Magnum Powers uses a much more efficient modern take on the Eaton supercharger which Charles (who owns Magnum Powers) builds himself in his shop (yes, he builds the entire thing himself). I've met this guy in person and seen his shop, and I kid you not when I say that this guy has some serious skills.

Having seen the kit in person ... It's really impressive. It amazes me that one person builds it by hand all by himself.

Having seen the kit in person ... It's really impressive. It amazes me that one person builds it by hand all by himself.

You should see his shop! This guy had a full blown machine shop on his properly. I asked him where he was building the cast pieces and he told me there is a foundry in town that the owner lets him use. He’s got his own casting molds and everything. It’s really quite impressive. He’s a super smart guy as well. If I had to guess his age, I would think he is around 60 years old. He’s clearly been doing this a long time.

Reactions: psrivats
Wow I had no idea he built them himself. I remember the Avenger SC's and almost bought a used one while I was in Iraq for my 2.5. It was on Ebay and I dumbdown on the listing and had sent a email to Avenger about if I could get support for it and when I went back 20 minutes later it was sold already. Man I was pissed because I had missed the Buy It Now button. I thought I had 2 days before the listing ended.

I get the differences now between them, BT is a good entry unit and MP is a more sophisticated unit. So it all comes down to what do you want and how much do you want to spend.

The BoostedTech M90 design is a proven design for the 4.0l I6 motor that is in TJs.

There are some compromises to performance at the benefit of reliability through simplicity with the M90.

Depending on what your long term goals are, the M90 install is minimal packaging in the engine bay and will more easily allow for future mods.

How do the Sprintex units fare in this comparison?

They put out the exact same power as the Boosted Tech units. The Boosted Tech is a better choice than the Sprintex however, as the Eaton M90 blower it uses is so common that rebuilding them can be done in your garage on your work bench, and you’ll never have to worry about getting parts for them.

Reactions: Bababooey
It all depends on what you are looking for. The entry level forced induction kits add substantial power. They would let you travel with traffic on any road and at any altitude. The upper levels are for showing off...IMO.

Banks has the turbo kits at 10% off right now. They are a little cheaper than the blowers and they are comparable in power. Plus they are TURBOS! Sorry I'm a turbo guy. My home brew for my '67 Mustang. I may end up with a small DIY turbo at some point.

Mustangengineturbo.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Abdu
You should see his shop! This guy had a full blown machine shop on his properly. I asked him where he was building the cast pieces and he told me there is a foundry in town that the owner lets him use. He’s got his own casting molds and everything. It’s really quite impressive. He’s a super smart guy as well. If I had to guess his age, I would think he is around 60 years old. He’s clearly been doing this a long time.
I am really sorry to be a bother. But do you mind listing what I will need to run the kit on stock internals besides the kit itself? I am aware I need to buy a "boost gauge" for the boost ? found some kits. Besides that what else please thank you!! It's for the magnum power supercharger. Will i need to replace anything ? Like water pump ? I have a bigger aftermarket radiator and intake which will go. do I need to change like the water pump to make it more cooler or I am clueless on it

I am really sorry to be a bother. But do you mind listing what I will need to run the kit on stock internals besides the kit itself? I am aware I need to buy a "boost gauge" for the boost ? found some kits. Besides that what else please thank you!! It's for the magnum power supercharger. Will i need to replace anything ? Like water pump ? I have a bigger aftermarket radiator and intake which will go. do I need to change like the water pump to make it more cooler or I am clueless on it

You need a boost gauge, wideband O2 sensor, AFR gauge, HPTuners MPVI 2, and that’s it. Everything else it comes with.

You’ll need someone to tune it for you once it’s installed, but I know a guy who can tune it for too remotely and do a damn good job (he’s tuned a number of them before).

If you needs links to exact products just let me know and I’ll be happy to make you a list with links to everything.

Reactions: Abdu
You need a boost gauge, wideband O2 sensor, AFR gauge, HPTuners MPVI 2, and that’s it. Everything else it comes with.

You’ll need someone to tune it for you once it’s installed, but I know a guy who can tune it for too remotely and do a damn good job (he’s tuned a number of them before).

If you needs links to exact products just let me know and I’ll be happy to make you a list with links to everything.
Chris, I am really sorry to bother again, but I was lost on which items to choose exactly. Do you mind adding the links to everything needed besides the kit, please? It would mean a lot I am unfamiliar with this topic. I was looking on Amazon and I see they sell kits. I just don't want to buy parts that won't fit. Thank YOU For your help!!!!!!
—-> Is it risky to install the magnum power kit on your own? Or should I have a knowledgable person do it?

Last edited: