Boosted Technologies vs Magnum Powers Supercharger

You need a boost gauge, wideband O2 sensor, AFR gauge, HPTuners MPVI 2, and that’s it. Everything else it comes with.

You’ll need someone to tune it for you once it’s installed, but I know a guy who can tune it for too remotely and do a damn good job (he’s tuned a number of them before).

If you needs links to exact products just let me know and I’ll be happy to make you a list with links to everything.

Chris who is doing the tuning you are talking about? I've been dealing with Flyin Ryan for the tuning on my V-8.

Chris who is doing the tuning you are talking about? I've been dealing with Flyin Ryan for the tuning on my V-8.

Josh Pearl is the guy Charles recommended to me. I spoke with him in depth, and he's apparently tuned quite a few of the supercharged 4.0s using the HPTuners software. He's gotten pretty good at it according to Charles (and Josh himself).

Josh Pearl is the guy Charles recommended to me. I spoke with him in depth, and he's apparently tuned quite a few of the supercharged 4.0s using the HPTuners software. He's gotten pretty good at it according to Charles (and Josh himself).

Thanks always looking for other options for tuners if I run into issues. Ryan has done good so far but never know.

X2 to this @Abdu, this is the setup I would recommend. Josh Pearl (the guy who tunes them) suggested these ones, as he has had good luck with them, and the wideband O2 included in it is a good one.

You'll also need one of these (assuming yours is an 05-06 model):
https://www.hptuners.com/mpvi2/
If you have a 97-04 model, you'll need the Syked ECU Tuning software instead:
https://sykedecutuning.com/jeep/jee...handheld-package-jeep-wrangler-1996-2004.html
Thanks always looking for other options for tuners if I run into issues. Ryan has done good so far but never know.

Josh is a great guy. Here is his website:

http://performance-dyno.com
He came highly referred from Charles (Magnum Powers), as they have worked together quite a bit on 4.0 tuning. I spoke with Josh for a few hours, and he seems like a very nice and knowledgeable guy.

X2 to this @Abdu, this is the setup I would recommend. Josh Pearl (the guy who tunes them) suggested these ones, as he has had good luck with them, and the wideband O2 included in it is a good one.

https://sykedecutuning.com/jeep/jee...handheld-package-jeep-wrangler-1996-2004.html

He came highly referred from Charles (Magnum Powers), as they have worked together quite a bit on 4.0 tuning. I spoke with Josh for a few hours, and he seems like a very nice and knowledgeable guy.
Thank you so much. I have an 03, the superchip flashers won't work for tuners? I don't understand this program is it easy to use

Thank you so much. I have an 03, the superchip flashers won't work for tuners? I don't understand this program is it easy to use

No, the Superchips modules do not work on TJs. They claim to, but they don't. They only work on 07+ JKs and JLs.

The HPTuner MPVI2 is the OBDII connector you need. With it, you can then download the VCM software suite (linked to on their website) for free. With that software, you then connect your laptop to your OBDII port, register the VIN number with the software, and then you have full access to the PCM.

This is where someone like Josh Pearl comes in. He sends you a base tune to install with the software, and then you drive around for a week or so while your AEM wideband O2 is data logging and collecting realtime data.

At the end of the week, you send that data log to him, he goes through it, and then he adjusts your tune accordingly. You do this for several weeks until your tune is dialed in perfectly. Each time you send him data from the wideband O2, that means he can fine tune your tune even more.

This is what we refer to as "remote tuning" since he can do it from anywhere in the world, and it's all done remotely.

Josh can walk you through the entire process as well, so you won't ever feel confused or like you don't know what to do next. It's actually very, very easy once you understand what's going on. This is the way remote tuners do it for any vehicle, not just our Jeeps.

I only recommend Josh because he comes highly recommend from Charles, and he has tuned a lot of these supercharged TJs, so he knows what he's doing.

Reactions: Abdu

So josh if this correct sorry again,
1. the boost gauge kit
2. the air/fuel ratio kit
3. tuner
4. the magnum power supercharger kit
Is all whats needed?

So josh if this correct sorry again,
1. the boost gauge kit
2. the air/fuel ratio kit
3. tuner
4. the magnum power supercharger kit
Is all whats needed?

You got it. I can't think of anything else you'll need. Everything else is included in the Magnum Powers kit other than what you mentioned!

Reactions: Abdu
@Chris was the 2 tokens mentioned/needed?

No, but those are needed. When you purchase the MPVI2, you will have to register it to your VIN number so that it can be used on your vehicle. It will require 2 tokens, which will be $99.

You can purchase those tokens at the same time as the MPVI2. Basically the way it works is that that MPVI2 can only be used with a vehicle that you've purchased tokens for and registered it too. So for instance, you wouldn't be able to use it on another TJ besides yours, unless you bought more tokens and registered that VIN as well.

Reactions: Powdermonkey
We are in the process of running a unichip on the magnum powers units now and they will be sold with with the kit having a good base tune with a stock engine. My 05 LJ is being tuned now in Beaverton.

We also have 505 performance stroker that will getting a unichip running 25psi in an 04 tj.

20190830_190355.jpg

We are in the process of running a unichip on the magnum powers units now and they will be sold with with the kit having a good base tune with a stock engine. My 05 LJ is being tuned now in Beaverton.

We also have 505 performance stroker that will getting a unichip running 25psi in an 04 tj.

View attachment 113784

It looks like you've got it on meth?

No, meth.
Mopar coolant in the early Cherokee reservoir bottle. We're stepping a few things up to make a easier install and likely putting AIT and map sensors in the bottom of the intake charge air cooler.

I'm interested in seeing more details and charts.

If you can figure out how to fit an intercooler, power steering, and large transmission cooler in front of the grill I'd be very interested. I think it'd have to be a custom one piece unit of some sort?

Reactions: Kevlarr
I'm interested in seeing more details and charts.

If you can figure out how to fit an intercooler, power steering, and large transmission cooler in front of the grill I'd be very interested. I think it'd have to be a custom one piece unit of some sort?
we haven't even messed with trying a put a air to air intercooler in yet besides a cheap e-bay turbo kit mounted on top of the engine we did. the water cooled charge air cooler works well but does get warmed up. a psc dual cooler bracket seems to work fine for the transmission and steering.

No, the Superchips modules do not work on TJs. They claim to, but they don't. They only work on 07+ JKs and JLs.

The HPTuner MPVI2 is the OBDII connector you need. With it, you can then download the VCM software suite (linked to on their website) for free. With that software, you then connect your laptop to your OBDII port, register the VIN number with the software, and then you have full access to the PCM.

This is where someone like Josh Pearl comes in. He sends you a base tune to install with the software, and then you drive around for a week or so while your AEM wideband O2 is data logging and collecting realtime data.

At the end of the week, you send that data log to him, he goes through it, and then he adjusts your tune accordingly. You do this for several weeks until your tune is dialed in perfectly. Each time you send him data from the wideband O2, that means he can fine tune your tune even more.

This is what we refer to as "remote tuning" since he can do it from anywhere in the world, and it's all done remotely.

Josh can walk you through the entire process as well, so you won't ever feel confused or like you don't know what to do next. It's actually very, very easy once you understand what's going on. This is the way remote tuners do it for any vehicle, not just our Jeeps.

I only recommend Josh because he comes highly recommend from Charles, and he has tuned a lot of these supercharged TJs, so he knows what he's doing.
HPT or Sykes tuner for a 2004 Rubicon?

Anyone have more engine bay pictures particularly passenger side? I need to see if there will be clearance for a dual battery mod. I have Genright fenders and inner fenders if that matters.

I'd also like opinions on how these hold up in extreme AZ heat. I like my AC and have a Genright vented hood along with the fender vents. I normally run a 180 deg thermostat in the Summer but this will be the first one with all the Genright goodies so OEM temp may come back. I do not tow but my TJ is pretty heavy so the extra HP would be nice. 4:88 gearing with 35's.