Bronco vs. Wrangler

Looks good for going fast. First I've heard of a dana 50 rear axle.

Needs this decal
1643063657049.png

I'm realizing Ford is not competing with Jeep, it's trying to create its own line.

Ford decided to leave Jeep as king of the Rock crawlers so it can become King of the dunes and desert running.

I think that's the key thats being missed by both the people that are praising it as a rock crawler and the people that are criticizing it as the same.

TRX isn’t as good as the Raptor off-road. It’s just fast as fuck on road but even it can’t keep up with the Rivian.
Hard to beat the torque of an electric motor. The limiting factor seems to be tire grip on the electric cars.

Reactions: Apparition
I'm realizing Ford is not competing with Jeep, it's trying to create its own line.

Ford decided to leave Jeep as king of the Rock crawlers so it can become King of the dunes and desert running.
D00FC999-F43B-45C9-ACB3-E88AE9059BFE.png

8B1F6A92-5BF8-4EE6-A5A4-4DE0961B2302.png

I think judging by the promo video, they are still trying to imply it can be as good.

But you are right, they should focus on desert running, for that it is cool.

Reactions: Byhumba
I think judging by the promo video, they are still trying to imply it can be as good.

But you are right, they should focus on desert running, for that it is cool.

I get what you're saying, but the audience that thinks the Bronco is a rock crawler based on that video, thinks that rock crawling is what the Bronco is doing in that video.

I think what we're seeing is that the IFS Bronco is going to have a lower ceiling compared to an SFA vehicle when it comes to rock crawling capability, and a higher ceiling in the desert running, but both will do either job well enough for 99% of the people buying one.

It's not the same 2.7....there are threads on b6g.com that explain the differences.
I'm sure there's been some changes but it's not like it's a completely new design.

Hopefully Ford takes care of the issue. I'd much rather have something like this happen at 2,000 miles than 90,000 like when my Ecoboost ate itself.

Is the 2.7 really new though? They've had one in the F150's for a while. I don't know what they have changed on them.
I was wondering that very thing when I posted my comment. However, it truly doesn't change my attitude about first-year models. If not the engine, then potentially something else. May not even be a mechanical issue, but electrical, or some sort of design flaw that could rear its ugly head. I would much rather have something that had proven to be sorted out through the passages of time and use.

As far as the 2.7 goes, I'm so far removed from the newer stuff that I had no idea the newer F150's had such a small displacement engine available. My, but how times have changed.