Bronco vs. Wrangler

the dashes made in the 80s were crack prone. The only cracked soft dash I've seen that was made since Y2K was my wife's 2003 4runner, and Toyota considered it such an unacceptable oddity that they created an extended warranty program to replace them. We got a free dash installed at the dealership in 2016 with 190k miles.
That at least is good to know - but crack free for how long? Y2K vehicles aren't that old yet. Time will tell. I still don't see the point though...

That’s hard to watch having eaten a dash sandwich in the mid 70’s

I was going to post some vintage "dashboard dentistry" pics, but thought better of it. They were a little too graphic. Then I remembered that the host of that YouTube show kissed the dash of that Mercury Comet. It makes the point well enough. As much as I do have a real passion for vintage rides (of the more than 300 vehicles I've owned, I can safely say that a full 80% were pre-1975), there are times where you have to acknowledge that some of the safety advancements made in the auto industry have real value.

Last edited:
Would you guys trust a new/ newer Jeep to take the beatings that you sometimes give to your own jeeps on those rocky trails. When I look at the forums with these newer Jeeps I am very uneasy with the motor problems with the 3.8, or the paint-cosmetic issues. I would never buy a three year old Jeep.

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC
Would you guys trust a new/ newer Jeep to take the beatings that you sometimes give to your own jeeps on those rocky trails. When I look at the forums with these newer Jeeps I am very uneasy with the motor problems with the 3.8, or the paint-cosmetic issues. I would never buy a three year old Jeep.

My brother asked why I did not buy a new Jeep. Why would I take on that debt only to drag the body on the rocks?

F49D2D54-601D-42DD-8AF4-AECA6AD599F1.jpeg

This is our second Bronco. They do everything well and are great as a daily driver.