Bronco vs. Wrangler

Judging solely by looking out my driver’s window at the newer Jeeps I see on the road, the vast majority of new wrangler purchases are not made by those with crawl ratios, articulation, or selectable locker options in mind. In my opinion, the Bronco will make a painful dent in the sales to the soccer mom and mall crawler crowd.

Last edited:
Be scared. Be VERY scared!

Certainly the screens need to go - but leather and stitching in a utility vehicle is just dumb. Actually, the stitching is dumb in a utility vehicle, leather is dumb in any/everything.

Interesting perspective. To me, leather seems to be more easily cleaned and durable than fabrics and the synthetic leather substitutes.

Interesting perspective. To me, leather seems to be more easily cleaned and durable than fabrics and the synthetic leather substitutes.
I don't like leather seating. Its hot, its cold, its slippery, and it doesn't wear particularly well. Mercedes has, or had, a vinyl leatherette they call(ed) MB-Tex that wore far better than leather - but I'd still prefer to have a good grade of cloth. Much more comfortable.

Reactions: RINC

Leather dash? GTFO! Until this TJ, I was used to metal dashes.

Guess this is the best I have saved to me cornputer.
Highroof004.JPG

When I remote start my seats will either cool or heat as necessary so that’s not an issue. Not my Jeep though.
Yep - typical of modern vehicles. Put in inferior pain-in-the-ass features, so let's sell the customer an expensive tech package to make up for the problem. Let's make cars you can't see out of, so we'll install screens and cameras to overcome that stupidity. And on and on and on. Drive up costs, drive down reliability.

I'm not playing that game - I'm out.

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC and Apparition
I wouldn’t want leather in the Jeeps but I wouldn’t buy any other vehicle without it.

I am dealing with a CEL to get through emissions. So disheartening. Never had no vehicle I needed to get though emissions other than to lean out the carb. This is all new to me.

Commenting on the color of the stitching of the leather wrapped dash? GTFO!

I am dealing with a CEL to get through emissions. So disheartening. Never had no vehicle I needed to get though emissions other than to lean out the carb. This is all new to me.

Commenting on the color of the stitching of the leather wrapped dash? GTFO!

If you were closer I have a gas tank sitting in the garage that I’ll need to get rid of.

• Sad
Reactions: RINC