Motortrend's take on Bronco vs Jeep

You should go wheeling more if you don’t think plenty of people out there have 70k sunk into a Jeep…

What makes you think the wheeling crowd represents even 1% of Jeep owners? I doubt anyone could ever figure out that stat but Jeep has sold like 2.5M Wranglers since 2005. Many millions before that. Of those, how many have $70k invested? And of those, how many are willing to take them rock crawling? Define "many" because I'm pretty confident it's few.

What makes you think the wheeling crowd represents even 1% of Jeep owners? I doubt anyone could ever figure out that stat but Jeep has sold like 2.5M Wranglers since 2005. Many millions before that. Of those, how many have $70k invested? And of those, how many are willing to take them rock crawling? Define "many" because I'm pretty confident it's few.
We’re talking about people who have expensive wheeling rigs, not simply people with expensive Jeeps. At least based on boombooms “70k is 70k” that wasn’t exclusive to Jeeps. We were specifically talking about people who wheel, not anyone who owns a Jeep.

We’re talking about people who have expensive wheeling rigs, not simply people with expensive Jeeps. At least based on boombooms “70k is 70k” that wasn’t exclusive to Jeeps. We were specifically talking about people who wheel, not anyone who owns a Jeep.
Yes, that's what i was trying to say. There many 70K+ wheeling rigs, not specifically jeeps but some are jeeps. Thankfully i'm not there yet but I would be if i charged myself for my time. Every Genright tracer rig is 70+. If they have an LS + aftermarket 60's.... prolly 70+. Anyone in my area with a rock specific buggy with rear steer is easily at 70+. Shit theres a used buggy on marketplace right now for 65. Some people, probably who don't wheel aggressively, think everyone who wheels is half drunk in a 5K raisin bodied toyota bouncing off the rev limited while empties fly out the bed but if you get out there a lot of these folks have money and spend money to wheel. That's not counting their tow rigs + camping setups.

Yes, that's what i was trying to say. There many 70K+ wheeling rigs, not specifically jeeps but some are jeeps. Thankfully i'm not there yet but I would be if i charged myself for my time. Every Genright tracer rig is 70+. If they have an LS + aftermarket 60's.... prolly 70+. Anyone in my area with a rock specific buggy with rear steer is easily at 70+. Shit theres a used buggy on marketplace right now for 65. Some people, probably who don't wheel aggressively, think everyone who wheels is half drunk in a 5K raisin bodied toyota bouncing off the rev limited while empties fly out the bed but if you get out there a lot of these folks have money and spend money to wheel. That's not counting their tow rigs + camping setups.
Hmmm LS and aftermarket 60’s

🤫

I think we’re speaking different languages here boys. None of this has anything to do with the point I was making.

I think we’re speaking different languages here boys. None of this has anything to do with the point I was making.
I'm speaking english, assumed you were...
Don't know about you guys, but I'm not bringing my $70k rig out to bounce it off the side of a mountain.
And what I'm saying is there is an audience for 70K offroad rigs, you're just not in that audience.

Again what's the audience on a $50K "offroad" vehicle? It's not the offroad crowd!
I was making the point there are MANY in the offroad crowd, the very offroad crowd, who have 50K+ into their jeep (even TJ's!) though hopefully no one would sink that into a short wheel base TJ. :)

The point you were making is it's too rich for your blood but the point I was making is there is definitely a market of people who want to wheel and are willing to spend whatever it takes on their toy. You're getting sticker shock about the bronco but the question should be less about the sticker price and more about the rig as a platform for serious wheeling, which remains to be seen.

Holy hell man! Not only can you not get the general point but you even take the common saying of “speaking different languages” as a literal statement.

I don’t give a shit about the guys spending a bunch of coin on wheeling rigs. They are the VAST minority of the population buying these so-called off-road rigs. That’s the point and the only point I was trying to make. Is there a small audience willing to do that? No doubt. Is Ford going to sell 250,000 Broncos catering to that crowd? Nope. Did they design the Bronco for rock crawling? Nope. Can you build a $50k brand new vehicle for crawling? Yep. Do most sane humans? Nope!

This is simple stuff guys. It’s not really controversial.

Reactions: Zorba
Holy shit man. Can you really not comprehend that there is more than one conversation going on in this thread? We don’t care about your point. We were having a different conversation.

Holy shit man. Can you really not comprehend that there is more than one conversation going on in this thread? We don’t care about your point. We were having a different conversation.
Lol, he literally quoted me and responded to my post. Serious question, are you high?

Lol, he literally quoted me and responded to my post. Serious question, are you high?
I quoted your post too, and you didn’t seem to, and still don’t seem to understand that a second conversation got started. And yes I’m definitely high as fuck. You probably should be to, or at least, it would give you a better excuse on your lack of comprehension.

You still seem to be struggling with the fact that a lot of people spend a lot of money on rigs that they actually wheel.

No matter what, this is way better then talking about Broncos on a Jeep forum. 😀

You still seem to be struggling with the fact that a lot of people spend a lot of money on rigs that they actually wheel.

I feel like you just want to argue about that for some reason. Of course people spend a lot of money on their wheeling rigs.

I quoted your post too, and you didn’t seem to, and still don’t seem to understand that a second conversation got started. And yes I’m definitely high as fuck. You probably should be to, or at least, it would give you a better excuse on your lack of comprehension.

Sorry if I don’t comprehend a mysterious “second conversation” when I’ve only responded to posts that both quoted me and were directed at me. Yeah, you lost me there homie.