Brothers for Veterans LJ Build

I have 40K on my Duroflex bushings. No wear. I checked them at 30K. Super easy to take apart and check too. No special tool, other than snap ring pliers and a hammer.
The springs, however, I have reservations. No personal experience with them, but the dual rate thing may look good on paper, but having half your spring collapsed at ride height doesn't make a lot of sense if you have your shocks set up proper.
I’m with you and I’m not a physics major but I have had many lifts and I am very impressed with the 3.5 game changer on my JKU. It has fox shock which I am not a fan of but what I do like is it’s versatility in and off road.

Reactions: Wildman
Installed the Max Bilt Trail Tail light tonight. Wanted to do flush mount but didn’t want to drill holes. Installed flasher and now getting the good ‘ol..... no bus on the dash. Have I said how much I love electrical work.... 🤮

6F2F1864-9D40-435C-A36E-F0A2D287F5B5.jpeg

So at this point looking to install the Metalcloak control arm kit and then look at the springs and shocks. Any advice knowing that I want to keep with the 33’s. Also will be installing the teraflex full under armor.

With the total height coming in around 2-2.5” I know my shock options will be limited.

Also, what do you all recommend in terms of steering components?

Took the Jeep on a nice Southern Indiana cruise this weekend so thought I’d share a picture!

95CAFAD2-0953-4089-B429-9CEF010EC549.jpeg

Will be taking another set of Veterans out this weekend at Interlake and will be getting some updated shots for you all. I went and did a thing.... I sold my JKU and purchased another LJ. Found a rubicon and couldn't pass it up. Since owning the first LJ and seeing the capabilities it made no sense to have the JKU any longer.

Will be taking another set of Veterans out this weekend at Interlake and will be getting some updated shots for you all. I went and did a thing.... I sold my JKU and purchased another LJ. Found a rubicon and couldn't pass it up. Since owning the first LJ and seeing the capabilities it made no sense to have the JKU any longer.

What are the plans for the new LJR?

Couple of things I will be buttoning up this week on the Gator.
- The rear passenger shock bar pin slipped. Looking for some advice for a quick fix and will likely purchase one of the eliminator kits for this as it's common.
- Installing Metalcloak lower control arms to replace the factor. There are some aftermarket on the front but stock in the rear still.

What are the plans for the new LJR?
Not much, it had some good mods done to it. Teraflex control arms, falcon shocks, 4.56 gears. Plan is to get it armored up and use it at this point. Not sure on what coils, etc. are on it. Does have a 1" puck in the front and on 35's. Also has JKS disconnect and track bar. Looking to install a rack on the top to use it to take guys kayaking as well.

Last edited:
Not much, it had some good mods done to it. Teraflex control arms, falcon shocks, 4.56 gears. Plan is to get it armored up and use it at this point. Not sure on what coils, etc. are on it. Does have a 1" puck in the rear and on 35's. Also has JKS disconnect and track bar. Looking to install a rack on the top to use it to take guys kayaking as well.
I think i saw that one for sale, nice find!

Reactions: 3FOffroad
I think i saw that one for sale, nice find!
Thanks, didn't get it for as cheap as I would have liked but got a good deal on my trade in and with the upgrades I figured I would be into one at that price once all the mods were complete and I needed to have one that I could get out and use asap. Looking forward to seeing where I need to tweak it. Based on the 'suspension' and the 35's I'm afraid I'm going to have some rubbing so hoping to do some flex tests at the house before this weekend and see what tweaks I need to do before hitting the trails.

Reactions: Wildman
We had some awesome times on the trails this weekend. We had 47 yrs of service to our country in one Jeep. Truly blessed! It was a family affair with two brothers and a sister who all served and a daughter of one. They did an amazing job and the day was filled with many amazing stories and laughs along the way!

F8A69B2C-ABEC-4121-8066-D759F3755DDF.jpeg

9963989B-4BC0-480E-9D24-018A42C93504.jpeg

D5B60D28-4AE8-4117-A31B-93A5E3A69206.jpeg

5377FE40-51C0-429E-8E21-F592B933D372.jpeg

782BC322-AD45-4BD1-97E1-FA1B796ACF0F.jpeg

F2B93F84-78BB-4020-9E12-94AFC2BCFCC0.jpeg

Next project on the Jeep is I will be installing Metalcloak aluminum control arms all the way around and got the teraflex belly up skid as well as the engine and transmission skids. Should be able to add a few more inches of ground clearance. I've decided to wait until the winter to do the diffs as we are getting booked up with events.... unless they break before...;)

Reactions: TJ Starting