Brothers for Veterans LJ Build

Oh yes, I give nick hell frequently about selling it to me lol. So you’re heading out with the EAJ crew tomorrow or something else?

I live on the other side of MTC. Jesse rebuilt my front axle for me when I bought my TJR last spring. I’ve wheeled with him more than nick, but it’s always a good time when we go.
We are not going with their group. I have a group of about 4 guys that I go out with from time to time. Unfortunately Jesse won't be able to make it this weekend. We will have a Veteran behind the wheel for the first time so don't want to hold up another group so will be separate from them. I have attended a few EAJ events over the years and went to their last event at interlake. I also run with the Southern Indiana Jeep Militia, SINJM, from time to time.

Reactions: Wildman
We are not going with their group. I have a group of about 4 guys that I go out with from time to time. Unfortunately Jesse won't be able to make it this weekend. We will have a Veteran behind the wheel for the first time so don't want to hold up another group so will be separate from them. I have attended a few EAJ events over the years and went to their last event at interlake. I also run with the Southern Indiana Jeep Militia, SINJM, from time to time.
If you do FB, join Southern Indiana trail riders. Lot of friendly banter and ride set up. Jesse is in that group.

local SRA park, Interlake
Two years to the day was my first time wheeling my TJ at Interlake, fun place.

That LJ is awesome, havent seen that one in person but I've wheeled with the guys from Wheats Off-road once or twice, they do some quality work

Some good times on the shakedown test today. Had Veteran John behind the wheel. He even got to keep a souvenir. 🤣 The LJ didn’t disappoint! Busted a shock bushing and broke off the muffler but no winches were used! I count it as a great success! Another reminder to always test out your rig as you go so you don’t spend crazy money when you don’t have to!

EE95BAF7-B98D-4260-B585-CFCDD89D04AA.jpeg

45065FF1-0017-4222-B498-56E3BFC857D3.jpeg

BE4862A0-2FC8-489D-8565-C97E96F77C5D.jpeg

2EED4D50-8ACC-4A1A-AD95-561A0FAAC6AA.jpeg

2F07CD9B-711C-4352-A1A5-3334DAA63FC3.jpeg

039E7E13-A93B-44CE-933D-52D46E96995C.jpeg

Some videos... hoping I upload right.

Some good times on the shakedown test today. Had Veteran John behind the wheel. He even got to keep a souvenir. 🤣 The LJ didn’t disappoint! Busted a shock bushing and broke off the muffler but no winches were used! I count it as a great success! Another reminder to always test out your rig as you go so you don’t spend crazy money when you don’t have to!

View attachment 169627

View attachment 169628

View attachment 169629

View attachment 169630

View attachment 169631

View attachment 169632
Great to see your project go full circle. Keep doing the things your doing, maybe some more sponsor will see the impact if you capture it and package it...maybe another build can happen. A little follow the leader with a veteran in one and you in the other as a trail guide.

Great to see your project go full circle. Keep doing the things your doing, maybe some more sponsor will see the impact if you capture it and package it...maybe another build can happen. A little follow the leader with a veteran in one and you in the other as a trail guide.
That's what we are doing now with my in the JKUR. I told my wife when I got home from the trip I'm going to sell that and find me another LJ. I got the JKUR as I thought the wife and kids would make more trips with me but that hasn't happened. I'll post up a picture of both the rigs.

Here is a picture of both the rigs we use. My 2015 JKUR and the 2004 LJ. Our Veteran was behind the wheel for the entire trip in the LJ and did an awesome job!!

EAE03D23-F491-4182-A2EB-DD9527BD5EE4.jpeg

16EECCB2-DAED-4068-905A-F319470D4D30.jpeg

Looking to go with the Metalcloak 3.5 short arm kit and also add UCF full skids underneath. I'm running the 3.5 gamechanger kit on my JK and love it. Would like some feedback from you all on the skids and lift. Thanks!
1592314541925.png
1592314458118.png

Last edited:
Looking to go with the Metalcloak 3.5 short arm kit and also add UCF full skids underneath. I'm running the 3.5 gamechanger kit on my JK and love it. Would like some feedback from you all on the skids and lift. Thanks!
View attachment 170185View attachment 170184
Metal Cloak is not real popular on here, most say due to their marketing..... Savvy is big here andthey are top of the line stuff..... I too have been looking at the MC stuff, I like the bushing idea over the JJ, some on here will flame on that statement, but........ there is zero maintenance for bushing...... just my 2 cents

The only thing I can tell you is to talk with those who have had Metal Cloak bushings and the longevity of them. Yes bushings might not need any maintenance but if you have to replace them every 10K miles are you really getting zero maintenance? I'm not saying they wear out that fast just throwing a number out there.

I went with the Metal Cloak armor so I could have removeable flares for the tighter trails but still be legal to drive on the street. I have 8" flares for my rig to try and cover the tires but I would hate to go down some of the tight trails with that much flare sticking out. Only time will tell if I really do remove the flares as much as I think I will.

Reactions: 3FOffroad
I have 40K on my Duroflex bushings. No wear. I checked them at 30K. Super easy to take apart and check too. No special tool, other than snap ring pliers and a hammer.
The springs, however, I have reservations. No personal experience with them, but the dual rate thing may look good on paper, but having half your spring collapsed at ride height doesn't make a lot of sense if you have your shocks set up proper.

Metal Cloak is not real popular on here, most say due to their marketing..... Savvy is big here andthey are top of the line stuff..... I too have been looking at the MC stuff, I like the bushing idea over the JJ, some on here will flame on that statement, but........ there is zero maintenance for bushing...... just my 2 cents
I’ve reached out to savvy three different times and no return emails or calls. I have not used any of their products so by no means am I putting them down at all. I have been impressed with what I have read and seen so they were a company I wanted on board for this build. Just no feedback at all from them.

I’m also very pleased with my Metalcloak game charger kit on my JK. Just like any kit, component, etc. there is maintenance involved. As we all know if we want a rig running right we take care of it and do those checks.

Thanks for your feedback, greatly appreciated!

I have 40K on my Duroflex bushings. No wear. I checked them at 30K. Super easy to take apart and check too. No special tool, other than snap ring pliers and a hammer.
The springs, however, I have reservations. No personal experience with them, but the dual rate thing may look good on paper, but having half your spring collapsed at ride height doesn't make a lot of sense if you have your shocks set up proper.

When I made the comment about the Duroflex joint wearing out fast it was based on others comments about having issues with them. And why I suggested that he ask for real life experience instead of hear say about them. I've never ran them so I have no experiance with them at all.

From comments I have read it seems to be a hit and miss as to how fast they wear out but it might be just interent BS also.

Reactions: bobthetj03