Colorado Buena Vista 08/25-08/28

Wheeling in Colorado is on my bucket list. You guys have fun.

Bob and his wife are good people. 100% hope they make it again to Arizona.

Oh heck yeah driver we be lovin us some Arizona! We’ll be back in the early spring for sure!

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC
Chinaman would be fun again also, I took easier lines seeings how we were by ourselves.🤠

It's your trip so tell us what you want to run. I can probably come both days. Maybe we can run Chinaman on a day where the group can't make it? Other than Dr. appts, I'm pretty open time wise right now. We all end up running it at least a couple times per year so something different would be nice.

Reactions: Bob in Texas
It's your trip so tell us what you want to run. I can probably come both days. Maybe we can run Chinaman on a day where the group can't make it? Other than Dr. appts, I'm pretty open time wise right now. We all end up running it at least a couple times per year so something different would be nice.

I'm thinking holy cross might be in order

I'm thinking holy cross might be in order

If y’all want to do holy cross we would be up for that, just watched your video from a few years ago. Looks like a really cool trail. We have the Colorado trail book so that is what we are using for picking trails, we are open to any suggestions of y’all’s favorites. If holy cross makes the list I would probably trailer the jeep if there is parking for our tow rig at the trail head. It’s about an hour and a half from where we will be staying.

@Big_Wall if you are interested in doing Grizzly Lake and Iron Chest one of the two days we will be there our cabin is on the road on the way to the trail head of both.

@Big_Wall if you are interested in doing Grizzly Lake and Iron Chest one of the two days we will be there our cabin is on the road on the way to the trail head of both.

Grizzly and iron chest are good as well. I was trying to throw in something you haven't done yet👍 I'm ok either way. Holy cross does have plenty of trailer parking if you decide to go that route.

Grizzly and iron chest are good as well. I was trying to throw in something you haven't done yet👍 I'm ok either way. Holy cross does have plenty of trailer parking if you decide to go that route.

What I was thinking that we could do holy cross one day and some other trail/trails one day, maybe holy cross on Saturday and some thing else on Sunday.

Well at this time two weeks from today we will be in BV, it’s getting closer! We’ve had a really hot summer and it’s looking like we’re gonna have 50+ consecutive days of above 100. Oh yeah that’s a record! Let’s look at doing Holy Cross on Saturday and if anyone wants to do some local to BV trails on Sunday we’d be up for that. Thank y’all for your interest in doing some trails with us.

IMG_2493.png

Reactions: hosejockey61
@hosejockey61 maybe you can help out with meet up time at the trailhead. I’m not sure what time y’all are used to meeting and where other folks will be coming from. Thanks

@hosejockey61 maybe you can help out with meet up time at the trailhead. I’m not sure what time y’all are used to meeting and where other folks will be coming from. Thanks

You can camp very near there if you are camping the whole time. I'll line it out after this weekend. If you prefer to stay at a hotel/motel, then Leadville is about 30 minutes away.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
You can camp very near there if you are camping the whole time. I'll line it out after this weekend. If you prefer to stay at a hotel/motel, then Leadville is about 30 minutes away.

We have a cabin booked in Nathrop so we will be driving up from there. Google says it’s a hour and a half drive so we will just drive up Saturday morning.

Reactions: hosejockey61
Well we’re on our final count down! We will be settling in this Friday afternoon and we are ready for scenery and climate change 🤠. If y’all are still interested in stretching out your springs and running some trails let us know on this thread. Maybe Holy Cross on Saturday is still an option? Let me know, thanks.

Would love to join you, but I have my daughter next weekend and she Is having friends over for a slumber party. I can't leave a half dozen ten-year-olds alone to fend for themselves...

Reactions: Bob in Texas
Hey sorry for the pause from me, been helping a friend out on a charity concert that was yesterday.

I am still in for Holy Cross on Saturday. I work tomorrow and will try to get some info posted here.

Hey sorry for the pause from me, been helping a friend out on a charity concert that was yesterday.

I am still in for Holy Cross on Saturday. I work tomorrow and will try to get some info posted here.

Hey Mike thanks, looking forward to meeting up with you and whoever else wants to join in. Been busy finishing up some shop decor I’ve been working on for a week or so. Thanks for getting the word out.

IMG_1693.HEIC.jpeg

IMG_1694.HEIC.jpeg

I'm sorry Bob in Texas but I have to back out. I've got a pretty good case of graft vs. host disease from my transplant in February going on. Knowing what we know now, it probably started a couple days before we ran Red Cone, which explains why I was so assed out there. Have fun and I hope we can meet up sometime later.

I'm sorry Bob in Texas but I have to back out. I've got a pretty good case of graft vs. host disease from my transplant in February going on. Knowing what we know now, it probably started a couple days before we ran Red Cone, which explains why I was so assed out there. Have fun and I hope we can meet up sometime later.

Hey @Big_Wall that sounds really bad, I hope you’ll be able to get it under control and able to make full recovery from your transplant surgery. We’ll hopefully meet up another time, I’m sure we could make Colorado an annual trip! I was a donor 20 years ago this coming February. Have a good weekend and take care!

For everyone making this trail run, simply type in Holy Cross OHV Trail into maps and it comes right up. If you're coming in from the I 70 side, you can either get off at HWY91 or HWY24. Both have unique beautiful views on the way. The 91 lets you stop in Leadville to top off fuel if needed. There is also fuel in Minturn coming from I70/24 but it is a bit more expensive.

I would suggest a 9:00 meet up time and a 9:30 start to the trail. I'm considering camping on Friday but not sure yet.

Anyone else going feel free to chime in with your thoughts...

The forecast shows a high of 67 but an 84% chance of rain....

For everyone making this trail run, simply type in Holy Cross OHV Trail into maps and it comes right up. If you're coming in from the I 70 side, you can either get off at HWY91 or HWY24. Both have unique beautiful views on the way. The 91 lets you stop in Leadville to top off fuel if needed. There is also fuel in Minturn coming from I70/24 but it is a bit more expensive.

I would suggest a 9:00 meet up time and a 9:30 start to the trail. I'm considering camping on Friday but not sure yet.

Anyone else going feel free to chime in with your thoughts...

The forecast shows a high of 67 but an 84% chance of rain....
We will be there and looking forward to cooler temperatures and a little rain wouldn’t be too bad! We got to sniff some rain yesterday evening that went to the south of us, really smelt purty good! Thanks again @hosejockey61 for pulling point and setting this up! Much appreciated 🤠