Colorado Buena Vista 08/25-08/28

What's funny is most of those people either are transplants themselves or their parents are transplants. I don't give a shit as long as you aren't an annoying jackass trying to pet an elk and you stay away from my secret spots. There's just a small group of out of staters that have left a bad taste I'm enough people's mouths that conflict is bound to happen. And when you can't even get a parking spot at a trailhead for somewhere you've been going to for 30 years and the trailhead is full of Texas and Florida plates that's not exactly gonna make people like out of staters. I usually don't mind out of staters though. Unless I'm stuck in traffic on I-70. Then you bet your ass I'm cussing all of y'all out.

I like to think I came before the big wave of transplants😶 Its a great state.

My issue are the folks from TX, FL, CA who have never driven in snow. They're either flying 100 mph and crash, or they're driving 5mph and slowing everybody down. Not sure if it is out of staters or not but the other day I was on I70 and it began to hail (pea size) and people were literally stopping in the middle of I70 under overpasses. Those that couldnt pull off to the side because there was no room literally stopped in the middle of the hwy under the bridge holding up traffic.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Apparition
I like to think I came before the big wave of transplants😶 Its a great state.

My issue are the folks from TX, FL, CA who have never driven in snow. They're either flying 100 mph and crash, or they're driving 5mph and slowing everybody down. Not sure if it is out of staters or not but the other day I was on I70 and it began to hail (pea size) and people were literally stopping in the middle of I70 under overpasses. Those that couldnt pull off to the side because there was no room literally stopped in the middle of the hwy under the bridge holding up traffic.
Driving 70 in the snow is terrible, but the mountain side roads are even worse. All the Evergreen soccer moms in their Tahoes are either just riding up your ass or going so unbelievably slow. And don't even get me started on the old people. Went into a ditch back in December because one of them were driving in the middle of the road while I was coming down I steep hill.

• Angry
Reactions: tworley
Completely forgot we have camping reservations that weekend:(

Hopefully you guys pick a good spot and show the texan a good time

Reactions: Bob in Texas
Hey thanks Mike for bringing this back up! I was planning on bringing it back up Friday as we will be three weeks out. We would be up for anything y’all wanna do, not sure if we would be up for carnage though 🤠. It would be nice if you can make it.

Reactions: hosejockey61
We are so ready for this trip! Looking forward to some relief, but it’s summertime in Texas and it purty much happens every year 🤠

IMG_2481.png

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC
I shit you not I knew a guy from Houston that moved to New Orleans for a while and always wore a sweater while he was there, even in the summer.

I saw a guy about a week ago at 4:00 in the afternoon on a cable company airial crew wearing a black hoodie with the hood on it was about 105! Crazy man

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
I was kind of not joking.... These mountains can turn in you in an instant and get really cold. Usually happens when you're broke down or stuck.

Reactions: Bob in Texas
I was kind of not joking.... These mountains can turn in you in an instant and get really cold. Usually happens when you're broke down or stuck.

Oh no I hear ya! We were there a couple of years ago same time of year and the lows were mid 40s highs mid 70s. Afternoon at elevation was running 15-20 degrees cooler. It was so nice 🤠

Oh no I hear ya! We were there a couple of years ago same time of year and the lows were mid 40s highs mid 70s. Afternoon at elevation was running 15-20 degrees cooler. It was so nice 🤠

Have you ever been in a snow storm in late July when it was in the 90s a few hours earlier? 😉

I should be able to make it for at least 1 day. I'd like to run Grizzly Lake and Iron chest as I've never run them before. Doug may have some better ideas though

When is this happening? If it isn't this weekend, I should be able to make something.

I should be able to make it for at least 1 day. I'd like to run Grizzly Lake and Iron chest as I've never run them before. Doug may have some better ideas though

Those are both very scenic trails. Grizzly lake isn't that difficult at all... Just has the main wall to climb right at the beginning.