Build Advice

TyGuy

Hey guys. Just bought this baby a few weeks ago and didn’t know where to begin with upgrades if any! I like the way it looks now but didn’t know if anyone had any thoughts? See pic.

A9F036F1-A0D0-4367-B85E-0221A9D2C858.jpeg

What are you ultimate plans with it? Once we know then we can help.

What size body lift is on there?

What are you ultimate plans with it? Once we know then we can help.

What size body lift is on there?

I don’t know honestly! Just trying to grab ideas. It’s my daily driver rn. I may need to get new tires eventually they’re unevenly worn and causing vibration at high speeds. Also need a new oil pan soon so I gotta fix those things first and then start tinkering with it. And it’s a 3” lift I believe

Step one is to settle on a tire size and build around that.

Currie, Ranchos, and black magic brakes.

Double cardan driveshaft as well, and zj steering

First thing I would do is make sure the frame isn’t rusted. Second would be to change all the fluids and filters.

Run the damn thing for several months before you throw money at it. Fancy springs won't help a rotted frame. Shiny big tires don't help a blown engine go down the road. If you don't even know what you have now there is no way to know where to take it. Be sure the axles don't leak. The transfer actually goes into 4L. The heater blows hot. These are the first things to worry about. A $2000 lift kit is worthless if the head is cracked. Save your money. Keep a notebook. Wright down every problem. And slowly build an idea of what you want to end up with. But first you need to know what you are starting with.

Reactions: Daryl