Building a stock 2000 TJ

brokeasstj

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and pretty excited about it. I've already done some reading up on SYE's, suspensions, etc. and can tell it will be well worth my time! I've already got so many questions right off the bat, but I'll save them for down the road when I end up reaching that point.

I have a completely stock 2000 TJ, the only money I've put into it is 31" KM2's, a 9500lb winch and fluids. So far, I have been able to out wheel almost every full sized truck on 35's and I am beginning to really understand what all the "It's a Jeep thing" fuss is all about.

So... I've got tons of plans for that little yellow TJ and we will see what the wallet lets me get away with in the future. Some day I plan on a 3-4" suspension lift, 1" body, SYE and the whole 9, chromo's and lockers on 35" mud meats... all with intentions on being able to do the 'Con and the Dusy-Ershim trail in my home state of California... some day.

As for the immediate future...
I've got a Smittybilt winch and bumper going on tomorrow morning with plans to hit the high Sierra's (well... as high as the snow will let me on open diffs) this weekend. I also have a 31 spline explorer 8.8 rear axle sitting in my yard with intentions swap it for the dana 35 that I hear so much bad news about.

I plan on continuously updating this thread with pictures of my adventures and my build up one step at a time; follow it for some laughs and give me all the advice you can because I need it!!! Thanks guys.
thejeeps.jpg

highschooljeepin.jpg

Welcome to the forum! There are some great trails here for sure. Sounds like you have a pretty solid plan. 35's take some good coin to do it right so you definitely picked the right screen name :D

I love a yellow TJ!

Welcome to the forum! I'll be following this thread to see what you have in store!

View attachment 14072 So, i mounted the XRC 9500 and used it my first day... I'm kind of concerned about the confidence a winch has given me haha

Ahhh, a winch is the single greatest modification you can do to your TJ. With it, you can pull yourself out of almost any situation. Without it, you're usually just stuck!

Ahhh, a winch is the single greatest modification you can do to your TJ. With it, you can pull yourself out of almost any situation. Without it, you're usually just stuck!
I've gone up the mountain three times since I put it on, have used it about 6 or 7 times now! Since I'm the first one up the hill I've been pulling out a lot of downed trees with it, pulled myself out of a ditch I slid into once and used it to pull out a guy in a full sized pick up.

Reactions: LeePTI and Chris