Building advice

Apollo

Hey y'all! I've currently got a 04 TJ with a 3" lift on 31's. I'm trying to figure out if I should cut the fenders or go back to stock. The ones I have now are over 7" wide and my wheels don't stick out nearly that far. I really like the look of the cut fenders but I'm not sure how it'll look with my setup.
I'm also in the process of putting a bikini top, roll bar curtain, and tonneau cover on to give it that "truck" look. Has anyone done this before?
He's got a lot of work to be done before I have it the way I like it.
Thanks in advance!
FB_IMG_1587868346853.jpg

Yes , there is a guy on here with one, I'm going blank on his name , it's nice ....may be in the building section , and just get some stock flares if you can swing it.

I'd leave 'em for now. You might decide you don't like the pizza cutters and opt for wider tires. Then the fender flares would be the right width. It looks like you just got the Jeep so spend your money and time getting all the fluids changed out (brake flushed, power steering too) and making sure all systems on the vehicle are in good shape. Then spend some time deciding what you want the Jeep to do, then build towards that goal. And if at that point you want smaller flares you will be sure to not regret cutting them up.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Hey y'all! I've currently got a 04 TJ with a 3" lift on 31's. I'm trying to figure out if I should cut the fenders or go back to stock. The ones I have now are over 7" wide and my wheels don't stick out nearly that far. I really like the look of the cut fenders but I'm not sure how it'll look with my setup.
I'm also in the process of putting a bikini top, roll bar curtain, and tonneau cover on to give it that "truck" look. Has anyone done this before?
He's got a lot of work to be done before I have it the way I like it.
Thanks in advance! View attachment 155974

What I read into this ⬆ is you are asking about cutting the "flares", not the actual fenders, correct?