Building an E-Ticket ride - 06 LJ

Test fit of the exhaust:

IMG_6305.jpeg

IMG_6306.jpeg

IMG_6307.jpeg

IMG_6308.jpeg

This is a bit further back than others have done with this muffler and the Savvy skid plate, however I like how it puts the rear hangar next to the UCA mount. That will give me a good spot to attach a hangar and in fact the stock hangar that bolts to the frame near the track bar will work if rotated 90 degrees. I’ve got to get a mount made up to put the hangar there and get some correct sized clamps to complete the job.

Reactions: BitterrootMTLJ
I was able to reuse the factory bracket by attaching it to a thick L bracket and then adding a gusset. Without the gusset it was flexing easily. With the gusset it is rock solid.

IMG_6310.jpeg

IMG_6311.jpeg

IMG_6312.jpeg

IMG_6313.jpeg

There are already some holes on top of the UCA mount, so I matched them in my bracket and bolted it on.

Reactions: BitterrootMTLJ
Looping back to the electrical stuff, I hadn’t yet mounted the rear facing camera. I didn’t want to run any wiring across the tailgate hinge, so rules out the tailgate. I’ve got a minimalist low profile bumper, so that doesn’t give many options either. I saw another post with a simple L bracket mounted just above the bumper and decided to go with that. The bracket uses an existing threaded hole from the spare tire spacer. There is another, smaller L bracket under it, mounted with a double sided foam piece. This allows a little give in case the camera ever contacts anything and the upper bracket is really stout to protect the camera from hits from above or directly behind. Let’s see how it holds up.

IMG_6354.jpeg

IMG_6355.jpeg

IMG_6356.jpeg

Time for a new battery and tray with more secure tie down function.

IMG_6360.jpeg

IMG_6364.jpeg

IMG_6365.jpeg

I tried a 13” double row LED light bar on my bull bar but it stuck up too high and did not look good. I had a 8” single row bar on the tailgate of my JL which is low profile and all black with a cover. I like that look of that.

I had a look to see if there was one that would fit nice on my bumper and sure enough there is a 12” version that puts out 4800 LM. It fits perfectly on my bull bar, just a bit above and behind it. With the cover on it is discrete.

IMG_6361.jpeg

IMG_6362.jpeg

IMG_6363.jpeg

View attachment 536892

View attachment 536893

View attachment 536894

I tried a 13” double row LED light bar on my bull bar but it stuck up too high and did not look good. I had a 8” single row bar on the tailgate of my JL which is low profile and all black with a cover. I like that look of that.

I had a look to see if there was one that would fit nice on my bumper and sure enough there is a 12” version that puts out 4800 LM. It fits perfectly on my bull bar, just a bit above and behind it. With the cover on it is discrete.

View attachment 536895

View attachment 536896

View attachment 536897

What battery tray is that? I've not seen one like that before.

View attachment 536892

View attachment 536893

View attachment 536894

View attachment 536895

View attachment 536896

View attachment 536897

That looks like one serious tractor..

Following up on the new battery tray, at first the battery was sliding all over it and defeating the intended purpose of the “upgrade “. I put a sheet of rubber under the battery and also under the hold down and now it is rock solid.

Reactions: MountaineerTom