I'm starting to wonder if all the design differences are just aesthetics? The only force being applied to them seems like the upward force from the spring and welding just locates them.

I would say it's maybe so one can't say they other stole design? I really don't know. The other being what you want to look at? The one from Barnes 4WD seems to be the most intrusive since it's also for stretching.

https://www.barnes4wd.com/Jeep-TJ-and-LJ-Rear-Coil-Spring-Relocation-Kit-_p_253.html
Or these

https://www.barnes4wd.com/Jeep-TJ-Rear-Frame-Coil-Spring-Brackets_p_821.html

Reactions: Vasq
I didn't really like the design of the metalcloak's, the cone on the outside seems like it would be hard to paint under and would hide any rust that might develop.

I would say it's maybe so one can't say they other stole design? I really don't know. The other being what you want to look at? The one from Barnes 4WD seems to be the most intrusive since it's also for stretching.

Or these

https://www.barnes4wd.com/Jeep-TJ-Rear-Frame-Coil-Spring-Brackets_p_821.html
I saw those too and kinda liked them.

Reactions: Apparition
Paint the inside of those cones with weld thru paint. But yes why have to do it if you don't have to.

You have TONS of options with the cheapest being using mine. The one thing about mine is that the holes have been drilled out to 1/2" for the AiRock brackets. Just let me know if you want them.

I could mail them over to ya.

Paint the inside of those cones with weld thru paint. But yes why have to do it if you don't have to.

You have TONS of options with the cheapest being using mine. The one thing about mine is that the holes have been drilled out to 1/2" for the AiRock brackets. Just let me know if you want them.

I could mail them over to ya.
I really appreciate it bud, I'll probably cruise my options for a bit today and just make up my mind. Work is too slow this week, it's getting expensive for me :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
I really appreciate it bud, I'll probably cruise my options for a bit today and just make up my mind. Work is too slow this week, it's getting expensive for me :LOL:

You're telling me... Damn if I could get some of that money back. But it's worth it.

• USA Proud
You're telling me... Damn if I could get some of that money back. But it's worth it.
Can't stop, won't stop! I think I'm just glutton for punishment..

Just ordered the Rokmen one's, never seen anyone with them and I kept coming back to them as the one's I liked the most. I'll be the guinea pig on this one :ROFLMAO:

Can't stop, won't stop! I think I'm just glutton for punishment..

Just ordered the Rokmen one's, never seen anyone with them and I kept coming back to them as the one's I liked the most. I'll be the guinea pig on this one :ROFLMAO:

COOL....
We expect tons of pictures and a long review on what you think about them.

• Haha
I used the dorman. They are perfectly acceptable factory replacements. I did trim the frame brackets flush with the coil buckets, so I could get them up higher in the arch. I looked at a few of the aftermarket one, but decided, for the price, I didn't need any extra "features."

Wish I had know you had a set @Wildman I'd have much rather paid you vs rock auto!

Reactions: Wildman and Vasq
I used the dorman. They are perfectly acceptable factory replacements. I did trim the frame brackets flush with the coil buckets, so I could get them up higher in the arch. I looked at a few of the aftermarket one, but decided, for the price, I didn't need any extra "features."

Wish I had know you had a set @Wildman I'd have much rather paid you vs rock auto!
There's definitely nothing wrong with the Dorman ones.
I think my curiosity got the better of me. I liked the tabs on the Rokmen one's, seems like they'd be easier to get access to for welding, easy to get paint in and keep an eye out for rust, etc.

Reactions: Mike_H

Would have been glad to help you out too. I guess I missed that part in your build thread.

Got an email from Rokmen, looks like they'll be shipping out next Tuesday.
So in the mean time I will get all my prep work done and everything else buttoned back up (that won't be in the way) so this should be done by next weekend 🤞

P.S. thank you everyone for all your thoughts on this

Last edited:
Got the new piece welded into the track bar mount. Old one was riddled with bolt holes from previous mounts and the JKS one is, of course, different. it's also thicker to make up a gap that that JKS one had on the top.

IMG_8049.jpg

Waiting for my brackets to arrive, trying to keep busy. Put the final coat (I hope) on the rear axle. Getting a few other things wire wheeled and some fresh paint too.
Also explored the Jeep section at a junkyard that I didn't even knew existed. Picked up a couple things for a great price just to try out some ideas down the road. And pictures, because we all love pictures..

IMG_8068.jpg IMG_8069.jpg IMG_8070.jpg

Waiting for my brackets to arrive, trying to keep busy. Put the final coat (I hope) on the rear axle. Getting a few other things wire wheeled and some fresh paint too.
Also explored the Jeep section at a junkyard that I didn't even knew existed. Picked up a couple things for a great price just to try out some ideas down the road. And pictures, because we all love pictures..

View attachment 255777 View attachment 255778 View attachment 255780
Sometime I gotta go check out my local junkyards to see if they have anything good, seems fun to go in and possibly pull out some treasures

View attachment 255777 View attachment 255778 View attachment 255780
Nice! What junkyard?

Reactions: Wildman