Bump stops suggestions

BrunoPizz97

TJ Enthusiast
Whats going on guys,
so I have a 2.5" lift kit with a .5" body lift on my 97 wrangler and I was suggested to get bump stops.
I currently have stock bump stops up front and no bump stops in the rear.
what do you guys suggest I purchase as far as bump stops.

Hockey pucks are a cheap alternative. You will likely need 2" up front and 1.5" in the rear.

Reactions: fuse
There are lots of guides on this forum, but basically you should cycle the suspension to find out for sure. The length of you shocks will determine your bump stops, as well as your tire size. Shooting from the hip, you will need about 2" of bump stop extension over factory. That won't be great but it should keep you for tearing too much up if you are unable/unwilling to cycle things properly

Like actual Hockey pucks ?
like this.

IMG_20180309_154653.jpg

Reactions: fuse
Is there someone that makes that bump stop or is it fabricated ?
I made this, but Its pretty much what metalcloak sells, just $100 bucks cheaper. Holesaw through steel, then drill through the puck. Some people just glue the puck down, but it can pop off.

I made this, but Its pretty much what metalcloak sells, just $100 bucks cheaper. Holesaw through steel, then drill through the puck. Some people just glue the puck down, but it can pop off.
hmmm not a bad idea, so thats for the front. Do the same for the rear as well?

The rear I just used a spacer in between the frame and the bump stop cup. I actually can't remember where I got it.
Remember the little foam jounce bumper will compress completely into the cup during a hard hit. do not include it in your measurements.

IMG_20171218_141558.jpg

Plastic body lift pucks are cheap and good. 3x3" for the front axle pads. 2x3 for the rear to lower the cup. Cut the pucks to the length you need.

Like actual Hockey pucks ?

Yep, like mentioned above, they are cheap and easy to modify. You'll need to drill a hole in the front lower spring pad and tap threads for a bolt of your choice, then drill a hole in the puck for a bolt.
20150802_141017.jpg

For the rear, you can extend the upper jounce bumper cup to extend the bumps, or do the same in the rear lower spring pad as done for the front. Extending the upper cup is easier and just requires washers/spacers and longer bolts. You don't want to extend the upper jounce cups up front because the spring are too long and arch too much when articulated, thus hitting the spring.

Reactions: kmas0n