Bumper Ideas: Let's See Them!

thedern

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
This may have been done before but I wanted to get some ideas for aftermarket front bumpers. I am looking to do something that I can mount my fog lights to. If you have some pics to show off reply!!!

It has been done before, but I am a picture whore so I will play your game:
20171202_200759.jpg

Warn Rock Crawler Stubby front bumper dressed up with a Warn M8000, and complimented with a couple of KC's. Hubba Hubba!

I love my Dirtworx bumper. Stout, simple bumper, well built here in the US at an inexpensive price. I have the standard front, but Robert at Dirtworx will build to your specs (delete round tube hoop, add winchplate/fairlead mount). Standard front came with two pre-drilled holes (second pic) which some folks have used to mount auxiliary lights.

IMG_1947.JPG

IMG_1945.JPG

I love my Dirtworx bumper. Stout, simple bumper, well built here in the US at an inexpensive price. I have the standard front, but Robert at Dirtworx will build to your specs (delete round tube hoop, add winchplate/fairlead mount). Standard front came with two pre-drilled holes (second pic) which some folks have used to mount auxiliary lights.

View attachment 65654
View attachment 65655
I was going to post photos of my Dirtworx, but @PapaWhiskey33 beat me to it...what he said, that's what I got, too. Great bumpers. Here's a couple photos with the fog lights mounted:
1543533892092.png

1543534037371.png

Last edited:
Chris decided to buy genright bumpers, time will tell if he will buy savvy shortly after putting those on.
Good I thought @glwood might be saying he was selling his Jeep. I don't think he can do that. I think he has to have a tj for the rest of his life now or at least a pretty boss tatoo of one.

I can't say anything, because I am not much different, but didn't @Chris just replace his Mopar bumpers with the JCR's recently? If so, I think he may be a little worse than me as far as changing my mind and upgrading. At least it is entertaining.

What he really needs is a sponsor like "Dirt Everyday" has where they just send him new shit to test. I was watching an episode where Currie sent them a set of their bulletproof axles to test. I mean he is basically doing that now, but out of his own pocket.

Good I thought @glwood might be saying he was selling his Jeep. I don't think he can do that. I think he has to have a tj for the rest of his life now or at least a pretty boss tatoo of one.

I can't say anything, because I am not much different, but didn't @Chris just replace his Mopar bumpers with the JCR's recently? If so, I think he may be a little worse than me as far as changing my mind and upgrading. At least it is entertaining.

What he really needs is a sponsor like "Dirt Everyday" has where they just send him new shit to test. I was watching an episode where Currie sent them a set of their bulletproof axles to test. I mean he is basically doing that now, but out of his own pocket.

Oh yeah I think his JCR bumpers were on when the Jeep was in his possession a grand total of four days

Reactions: Starrs and ac_

View attachment 65654
View attachment 65655
You had me at inexpensive and American made... I will check these out.

I cancelled the order for the GenRight front bumper based on comments from Blaine. The Savvy is the better option, but it’s out of stock. My plan is to keep the JCR front and sit on it for a while, at least until the Savvy one eventually comes back in stock. If by that time I decide to keep the JCR front, then so be it.

The JCR rear is going for sure though. I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t want a rear bumper at all, just that GenRight rear bumper plate that I ordered. That will make for a much better breakover angle!

I've been very happy with this Smittybilt over the past 5 years, along with its mate rear-bumper.

I've plowed-through some serious stuff deep in the woods, and gone "conk!" on many occasions while dropping-onto some big rocks while climbing, and to date it has held up very nicely. It is very heavy, however.

It kinda remains me of the Rhino Beetle.

1543541268026.jpeg

1543541731312.png

Barricade Trail Force HD, which is a clone of a Smitty, and everyone seems to make. Dressed up with a M8000, Pair of Hella cubes on a poison spyder fairlead bracket.

637f7f5ff914245cdccd26a322f8a307.jpg

Reactions: Chris