eugward

I am new to this forum. I have a 2000 tj. I need advice on removing the old trac bar bushing on the front end. Thank you.

I was about to say, heat, a big hammer, maybe even some screw drivers or punches to help force it out. PB blaster too possibly!

If its just a stock trackbar, you can buy a full replacement unit from Crown Automotive for about $50 and not deal with the headache. It'll have a fresh ball joint on the steering end as well.

Reactions: Chris
I just did mine last month, hopefully yours is not rusted mine was. On the axle side I had to use a five inch cutting wheel and cut on both sides of the bushings.

Reactions: Chris
Yeah, if it was rusted at that point I would probably just buy a new one!

Mine is rusted in. I wish I would have seen the price of the whole track bar. I need to do the control arms next. I am thinking about just buying the whole control arms with the bushing. I think the price is less 5 bucks difference.

Last edited:
Mine is rusted in. I wish I would have seen the price of the whole track bar. I need to do the control arms next. I am thinking avoit just buying thr while arm with the bushing. I think the price is less 5 bucks difference.

Personally, if it's all rusted in you could use PB blaster and a big hammer. However, at that point I'd honestly just buy a new track bar. The price is cheap enough that it makes sense.