Buying my first jeep

Dani

Buying my first jeep and ive found a 1997 TJ runs great interior is in good condition, 146km, 4cyl totally stock. Im wanting to tow a small boat and im curious if this has enough power to do so? Also looking for opinions if its worth the price as I don't know much about Jeeps and their value. Its $5500 CAD and the seller is not really wanting to budge on the price too much. Let me know your thoughts, Thanks.

Hold out for a 4.0L 6 cylinder. The 4 banger will struggle towing pretty much anything IMO. 5500 CAD? What would that be in US dollars?

Reactions: StG58
All kidding aside. The 4 cycl TJ is a very capable 4x4. It's just not the first choice for towing or hwy driving but may be just what you need. Make sure to inspect for delaminating rust on the frame. Surface rust is okay but if the frame has started to delaminate it is a problem.

Reactions: StG58
Stay away from things like this.

upload_2017-7-25_14-6-12.jpeg

LRframerust.jpg

th?id=OIP.9WWqUmZy2ObKDmOT5cWwhwEsDh&w=254&h=184&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.jpg

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
$4397 USD
I would only be towing for approx. 12miles

Good price as long as the frame doesn't look like what JP98 posted. If the Sidekick can pull it, then I suppose a 4 banger wrangler would do just fine.

I hate it! But to each his own and it could be easily changed with some Bartact seat covers! ;)

Reactions: myers3512