California to have highest gas prices in nation when new gas tax kicks in July 1

There were lots of things I liked about living in California (North Carolina native and I have lived in LA and SF), but the cost of living/taxes made me feel like I dropped the soap in the showers at San Quentin.

We get jacked in Oregon too, but the quality of living for me is much better here.

Reactions: Chris
Yes, we do indeed get jacked in Oregon. However, I think it pales in comparison to California.

This part...

"The state of California is investigating now the high cost of gas in this state... I know what it is because I look at the oil refineries profit reports. It's gouging. When the oil refineries are making more off California gasoline than they make anywhere in the rest of the nation, we know that that profit is gouging,"

...was the one that made my head hurt. Does anyone stop to think before they get quoted? Could the profits possibly be higher because the oil companies are 1) selling more gas to the consumer in the state with 2) the highest population in the country, and 3) also the most gas-powered vehicles on the roads? Does the state of California really need to 'investigate' that..?

This is why no one wants Californians to move to their state and bring their wacky ideas with them.

Reactions: astjp2
This is why no one wants Californians to move to their state and bring their wacky ideas with them.
Those who ignore history are doomed to look silly when they fail at the application of logic.

Many moons ago, folks started migrating to CA at prodigious rates. While that has slowed some, it added a massive number of non natives to the State. California's issues are generally not brought about by native born folks. In fact, if only native born folks set policy, it would be a dramatically different political climate than it currently has. The problems are created by the outsiders and the more of them that leave and take their bullshit ideas and philosophies back to the lands from whence they came, the better the State will be.

Yes, they are moving to states with their wacky fucking ideas, they are finally tired of the mess they created and are returning home.

We just bought our daughter a used 2013 Honda Accord coupe, it's going to be a few weeks until we get it to her. Wife and I both drive V8's ( 4.4L, twin turbo 4.6L, & 5.7L), I am worried we're going to enjoy the economy of the little Honda too much.

$3.89

Those who ignore history are doomed to look silly when they fail at the application of logic.

Many moons ago, folks started migrating to CA at prodigious rates. While that has slowed some, it added a massive number of non natives to the State. California's issues are generally not brought about by native born folks. In fact, if only native born folks set policy, it would be a dramatically different political climate than it currently has. The problems are created by the outsiders and the more of them that leave and take their bullshit ideas and philosophies back to the lands from whence they came, the better the State will be.

Yes, they are moving to states with their wacky fucking ideas, they are finally tired of the mess they created and are returning home.
I think Jerry (Moonbeam) Brown was born in California.

The California's idea of an Off Road Vehicle. And that is not wacky?

sugar-chow-1920.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha