CalTrend seat covers

I just installed my duraplus in my 99. Definitely needs some time to conform

For those of you that installed the duraplus, I've got a couple of questions

1. Was the Velcro for the front seat backs a little loose when you installed it? I've got the Velcro as far as it will go and still have about another inch of so that I could go to get it right. I'm hoping it tightens up to get a more snug fit.

View attachment 176586

View attachment 176588

2. The strap on the driver's cushion that runs side to side has the female end of the clip by the door. How did you attach this? It is a little too large to fit thru the gap in the seat to upper rail. If the male was on this side, it could be removed and then reattached after the strap is pulled thru

View attachment 176576

In your fist pic. The front of the cover goes under between the seats and attaches to the rear velcro. The velcro does not attach to the seat. Its very tight.

I have 03-06 seats and the second shows a buckle i dont have. My straps and buckles go front to back. Not side to side.

@Moab that is how it is going. The front of the seat cover is pulled thru and connected w Velcro to the rear of the seat cover. Nothing is connected to the seat. It is not tight. There is enough slack that it bulges out in the back.

@Moab maybe this picture helps. When I try to bring the front and rear together, I am past the Velcro.

IMG_20200713_153204.jpg

@Moab that is how it is going. The front of the seat cover is pulled thru and connected w Velcro to the rear of the seat cover. Nothing is connected to the seat. It is not tight. There is enough slack that it bulges out in the back.

Ah. The two tone thru me.

I did not have that problem with my late models covers. I have the opposite. It's almost to tight. I'm waiting for them to stretch to get the upper seat cover to come down further on the seat.

Ah. The two tone thru me.

I did not have that problem with my late models covers. I have the opposite. It's almost to tight. I'm waiting for them to stretch to get the upper seat cover to come down further on the seat.

I wish I had that problem wit the fronts. I had to really tug on the rear seat cover and go back and forth to get it all aligned. and it looks awesome!!!

I did talk to someone at Caltrend today and they were willing to take them back in at correct them. Told him I'd like to see if they tighten up as I use them and the fronts contour to the seatbacks before doing that.

Also had some issues with placement of the straps on the front. Most of them would be resolved by reversing the male and female sides of the straps. The ones that run sideways would be able to thread thru the seat frame and the ones that run front to back nearest the center console wouldn't interfere with the seat rail if they were reversed. Gave them that feedback as well if they are interested in improving the product.

I don't want anyone to take this as a negative. For under $150 for the full set, these seat covers are awesome!!!

I wish I had that problem wit the fronts. I had to really tug on the rear seat cover and go back and forth to get it all aligned. and it looks awesome!!!

I did talk to someone at Caltrend today and they were willing to take them back in at correct them. Told him I'd like to see if they tighten up as I use them and the fronts contour to the seatbacks before doing that.

Also had some issues with placement of the straps on the front. Most of them would be resolved by reversing the male and female sides of the straps. The ones that run sideways would be able to thread thru the seat frame and the ones that run front to back nearest the center console wouldn't interfere with the seat rail if they were reversed. Gave them that feedback as well if they are interested in improving the product.

I don't want anyone to take this as a negative. For under $150 for the full set, these seat covers are awesome!!!

I agree on the quality. You can't beat these. And customer service is top notch. They called me to make sure my order was correct. And could not have been nicer.

I still need to put my rears on. But top of back seat fit perfectly. As did fronts.

Unless I’m doing something wrong, I can’t find those covers on Carid or Caltrend websites. WTF?

Ordered DuraPlus black and charcoal. Here are a couple of pictures for comparison. Only the driver's seat is in so far:
IMG_7247.JPG

IMG_7248.JPG

IMG_7249.JPG

Ordered DuraPlus black and charcoal. Here are a couple of pictures for comparison. Only the driver's seat is in so far:
View attachment 176894
View attachment 176895
View attachment 176896
Okay I finished putting the rest in. It took me way longer than I was expecting. I had a very difficult time routing some of the straps under the front seats.

On each front seat bottom the strap that is closest to the center console was very difficult. The direction the strap naturally wanted to go got in the way of the center rail and also caught on a bolt or something under the seat as the seat slid back and forth.

To work around that issue I had to route the strap more through the seat than under it. It's really hard for me to describe and I don't think I could take a picture to show, but when I was done that buckle was completely unreachable between a metal plate cross member and the seat bottom. If I ever want to take these covers off I'm going to have to cut the straps.

Okay I finished putting the rest in. It took me way longer than I was expecting. I had a very difficult time routing some of the straps under the front seats.

On each front seat bottom the strap that is closest to the center console was very difficult. The direction the strap naturally wanted to go got in the way of the center rail and also caught on a bolt or something under the seat as the seat slid back and forth.

To work around that issue I had to route the strap more through the seat than under it. It's really hard for me to describe and I don't think I could take a picture to show, but when I was done that buckle was completely unreachable between a metal plate cross member and the seat bottom. If I ever want to take these covers off I'm going to have to cut the straps.

I had the exact same issue so what you wrote made perfect sense.

On the one closest to the center console, the buckle hits the rail which prevents you from sliding the seat all the way back. Rerouting it then tightening it pinches it between a couple pieces of sheet metal. You can undo it but you have to force the strap loose to get enough room to unclip both sides of the buckle.

Reactions: thomat65
I just ordered the SportsTex front covers for my LJ in black/charcoal. Ordered direct from CalTrend, got them on sale for $84.83 and free shipping. For that price point I'll be satisfied even if they don't fit like they were painted on and the install takes a little ingenuity to figure out. I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Squatch
I just ordered the SportsTex front covers for my LJ in black/charcoal. Ordered direct from CalTrend, got them on sale for $84.83 and free shipping. For that price point I'll be satisfied even if they don't fit like they were painted on and the install takes a little ingenuity to figure out. I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks.

The covers are great. Don't take the conversation the wrong way. Just sharing the experience. I've actually been talking to Caltrend about what to change to make them just a tiny bit better. The changes won't materially affect cost but will improve customer satisfaction if they implement them.

My late model seat covers had no problems with the straps. But I did not try to make it perfect or anything close I just ran them straight back and they buckled just fine. Towards the back IIRC. I'm wondering if this is a difference in late and early model seat covers?

My late model seat covers had no problems with the straps. But I did not try to make it perfect or anything close I just ran them straight back and they buckled just fine. Towards the back IIRC. I'm wondering if this is a difference in late and early model seat covers?
I have an 04. Yeah the buckles are toward the back but the buckle was getting in the way of the seat sliding on the inside rail. Do your front seats slide okay?

I used a small wire and ran it back to front, attached the straps to the end, and pulled it thru the seat pan. Super easy, straps were up and out of the way of moving parts. Buckled up and adjusted nice and tight.
I had a few issues with a shortage of material in a few spots, and CalTrend took care of it right away. Sent the covers back, and they made the repairs, and returned to me.
At first I thought I had been sent new covers, but found a few marks I had left. The repairs were excellent, like there had never been an issue. This was on the sport covers.

On my covers (06 tj x) I routed a wire from back to front thru the seat pans, and attached it to the cushion straps, then pulled the straps to the back. The buckled up and tightened up really good. Simple and fast.

Originally, I had a problem with not enough material to fully cover a few spots. Cal Trend asked for the covers to be sent back so they could determine if the covers had shrunk or if the sewing was wrong to begin with. When they were returned to me I thought I'd been sent new covers, but found a few marks I had left, so these were my orig covers. Cal Trend said they added material, but I couldn't tell where the repairs/replacement had been made, the craftsmanship was excellent.

You can get these Sports Tex pretty close to that "painted-on" look. Just take your time on fitting and adjusting.
Ray

Repaired 2.jpg

Repaired 1.jpg