CalTrend seat covers

So got my cal trend Sports Tex covers in and just installed on the drivers side. Does everyone have this much open space on the seat latch, seems like it could of covered better right here

IMG_5147.jpeg

So got my cal trend Sports Tex covers in and just installed on the drivers side. Does everyone have this much open space on the seat latch, seems like it could of covered better right here

View attachment 182243

I had smaller coverage issues on mine. If you email or call them and send the pic, they will make it right for you. They did for me anyway-

Ray

Attached is a side by side comparison of the OP and you can clearly see mine just are not fitting right comparatively.

I also seem to have a big gap where tumble latch is and where it goes around the recline latch on the driver side it pulls really weird, and doesn’t fit right but it does on the passenger.

And the seam stitch on the seat back almost seems to fold over and not lay right on the passenger seat. I just emailed Caltrend with all the pics

HISSEATS.jpg

MYSEATS.jpg

LATCH.jpg

recline.jpg

STICTCH.jpg

Attached is a side by side comparison of the OP and you can clearly see mine just are not fitting right comparatively.

I also seem to have a big gap where tumble latch is and where it goes around the recline latch on the driver side it pulls really weird, and doesn’t fit right but it does on the passenger.

And the seam stitch on the seat back almost seems to fold over and not lay right on the passenger seat. I just emailed Caltrend with all the pics

View attachment 182250

View attachment 182251

View attachment 182252

View attachment 182253

View attachment 182254
If you have pulled them tight and that's what you get, I'd give them a call and ask for another set. Other than small coverage issues on the rear seat, and front tilt latch holes, mine fit perfect and look like factory.

Ray

I ordered the Duraplus covers based on this thread and couldn't be happier with the customer service (received a live call to confirm all details), fit, and quality of the covers. I've used Carhartt, Husky, and a few other brands of covers and these are hands down the best for the money. Spent the week on the beach in 4WD territory of Outer Banks, NC last week and had multiple wet sandy occupants as well as getting caught in two rain storms and they performed flawlessly. Pulled them on Sunday when we got home out of curiosity and they are indeed waterproof as described.

I ordered the Duraplus covers based on this thread and couldn't be happier with the customer service (received a live call to confirm all details), fit, and quality of the covers. I've used Carhartt, Husky, and a few other brands of covers and these are hands down the best for the money. Spent the week on the beach in 4WD territory of Outer Banks, NC last week and had multiple wet sandy occupants as well as getting caught in two rain storms and they performed flawlessly. Pulled them on Sunday when we got home out of curiosity and they are indeed waterproof as described.

Can I ask where you purchased and if they’re supposed to be UV resistant as well? I’m looking for something for my Jeep that will be outdoors most of the time so waterproof and not anything that fades quicly in the sun.

I'm *so* torn about these. My brain says to get the DuraPlus, because I have 2 dogs that will be regular passengers (nearly every time I go anywhere), and I live in the Seattle area where it rains all the time. So the waterproof and toughness of the DuraPlus seems like the right thing to do.

But visually, the SportsTex look *so* much nicer to me. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on DuraPlus, when the SportsTex look so good.

What happens if it rains on the SpotsTex? Will they be destroyed (due to the padding) over a relatively short time?

My LJR will be parked outside most of the time, with cover off. I bought a car cover that I'll put on if I know rain is in the forecast, but I will not be 100% on top of that, I'm sure.

Can I go with SportsTex, or is that just a big mistake?

View attachment 182250

View attachment 182251

View attachment 182252

View attachment 182253

View attachment 182254
Great. Mine are on the way. They better fit better than that. I would be pissed.

I'm *so* torn about these. My brain says to get the DuraPlus, because I have 2 dogs that will be regular passengers (nearly every time I go anywhere), and I live in the Seattle area where it rains all the time. So the waterproof and toughness of the DuraPlus seems like the right thing to do.

But visually, the SportsTex look *so* much nicer to me. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on DuraPlus, when the SportsTex look so good.

What happens if it rains on the SpotsTex? Will they be destroyed (due to the padding) over a relatively short time?

My LJR will be parked outside most of the time, with cover off. I bought a car cover that I'll put on if I know rain is in the forecast, but I will not be 100% on top of that, I'm sure.

Can I go with SportsTex, or is that just a big mistake?
I was waffling between the two as well and went with the DuraPlus. No regrets. You can see my pictures in #151 https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/caltrend-seat-covers.34753/post-628311

Anyone know how well the Caltrend sport tex beige matches with the factory khaki interior for the 2003-2006 interiors?

@CodaMan maybe you know?
They don't match however, since they are from the same color palette I think they look fine, plus they match my floor mats. I can say that the fit is great and even though I don't have a lot of butt miles on them they are holding up exceptionally well.

PXL_20210214_155910501.jpg

Reactions: zebra12
Digging up an old thread here, but I though I'd add some pictures for anyone who is wondering about colors compared to their khaki interior.

Compared to the seat, from the left is Light grey DuraPlus, Charcoal DuraPlus, Charcoal SportsText and Light Grey SportsTex. Some of these are a pretty good match.

20210913_145727.jpg

Compared to the door panel, from the left is Light Grey SportsTex, Charcoal SportsText, Charcoal DuraPlus and Light grey DuraPlus. Compared to the door panel, these are from a cooler pallette.

20210913_145802.jpg

Compared to the carpet, from the left is Light Grey SportsTex, Charcoal SportsText, Charcoal DuraPlus and Light grey DuraPlus. Again, the color palette for these are a bit cooler that the carpet.

20210913_145847.jpg

It is strange, to me, that they call those two center ones charcoal. The DuraPlus "charcoal" is nowhere near any color I've ever seen described as charcoal.

Anyway, you can't get any of these in combination with anything other than black. I wanted the light grey and charcoal SportsTex, but they said no. Too bad, they could have easily extracted another $25-35 from me, if they had offered it as an extra-cost option.

I used a small wire and ran it back to front, attached the straps to the end, and pulled it thru the seat pan. Super easy, straps were up and out of the way of moving parts. Buckled up and adjusted nice and tight.
I had a few issues with a shortage of material in a few spots, and CalTrend took care of it right away. Sent the covers back, and they made the repairs, and returned to me.
At first I thought I had been sent new covers, but found a few marks I had left. The repairs were excellent, like there had never been an issue. This was on the sport covers.

On my covers (06 tj x) I routed a wire from back to front thru the seat pans, and attached it to the cushion straps, then pulled the straps to the back. The buckled up and tightened up really good. Simple and fast.

Originally, I had a problem with not enough material to fully cover a few spots. Cal Trend asked for the covers to be sent back so they could determine if the covers had shrunk or if the sewing was wrong to begin with. When they were returned to me I thought I'd been sent new covers, but found a few marks I had left, so these were my orig covers. Cal Trend said they added material, but I couldn't tell where the repairs/replacement had been made, the craftsmanship was excellent.

You can get these Sports Tex pretty close to that "painted-on" look. Just take your time on fitting and adjusting.
Ray

View attachment 177304

View attachment 177305

what's the color scheme on these? Black/charcoal?