Can I fit 37 inch tires with no lift?

Im not sure OP cares about uptravel.

I would like to know how much UT his Jeep has. Doesnt look like much. But who am I? 🤔
View attachment 105151View attachment 105152View attachment 105153View attachment 105154
Space between the front bumps doesn't look like much. But..this is a picture on the internet...:LOL:

A stock TJ has about 4" of up. That is a decent baseline for comparison to know if a modification is an improvement or not over stock. I would argue that if up travel (at least maintaining stock performance) isn't a part of the considerations, the builder isn't doing a good job putting the pieces together.

Last edited:
Im not sure OP cares about uptravel.

I would like to know how much UT his Jeep has. Doesnt look like much. But who am I? 🤔
View attachment 105151View attachment 105152View attachment 105153View attachment 105154
Space between the front bumps doesn't look like much. But..this is a picture on the internet...:LOL:
Well, that isn't fitting a 37" tire on a TJ, that is building a TJ to fit a 37" tire, if that makes sense. There is a whole shit-ton of modifications to get that TJ to run 37's.

Well, that isn't fitting a 37" tire on a TJ, that is building a TJ to fit a 37" tire, if that makes sense. There is a whole shit-ton of modifications to get that TJ to run 37's.

Or maybe it's just a "LCOG" build :ROFLMAO:

I know how @mrblaine loves those builds ;)

Or maybe it's just a "LCOG" build :ROFLMAO:

I know how @mrblaine loves those builds ;)
I do enjoy the real ones and have been doing it that way for many years. The current one I'm working on has a 22" frame height, 6" of up travel at the front shocks, 7" at the rear shocks, 40" tires with 113 1/2" of wheelbase. That is the true definition of LCG. If you compare it to a typical Currie 4" lift which will have a 22" frame height and 93" of wheelbase on 35's.

Reactions: Chris
Those are pretty impressive numbers when you really think about it. 2" less lift with equal or better up travel without the body being any higher above the ground.

Does that rig have a 1ish inch body lift like you would normally do? (just curious if the door sill height would be the same with the larger tires)

Reactions: Chris
Those are pretty impressive numbers when you really think about it. 2" less lift with equal or better up travel without the body being any higher above the ground.

Does that rig have a 1ish inch body lift like you would normally do? (just curious if the door sill height would be the same with the larger tires)
Yes, roughly a 1" body lift. I don't believe that most will be able to get their head around just how LCG it actually is.

Reactions: jjvw and xxdabroxx