Can I install the adjustable control arms before lift?

c_bronson

I've been piecing together my Jeep upgrades for a few years now. Just got the Jeep back from regearing and locker install.

I work at an Off-Road park in Texas and have been using my Jeep a lot lately and would love to get some better equipment on it. Besides springs and shocks, everything is stock. I ultimately am 100% doing the savvy 4" lift/1" BL combo just saving money after dumping it in the gears.

My question is, can I piece that lift together over time or does it have to be installed all at once?

For instance, can I buy the double adjustable control arms and use them with my 2.5" current lift and then "adjust" them when I purchase the 4" Savvy?

Thanks for the help.

Sure but you might consider something like the body lift first. The control arms wont change anything significant at this point so you don't really get any bang for your buck.

Edit: another thing to consider is those arms pop us used from time to time and a long term build plan gives you time to snap up good deals on used parts

Sure but you might consider something like the body lift first. The control arms wont change anything significant at this point so you don't really get any bang for your buck.
Sorry, I forgot to include that I have done the BL already with the MML. I just meant suspension was stock. Thanks for the suggestion though!
I think I know the answer to this already but never hurts to ask. Could I also install the shocks for the 4" and just add more bump stop for the time being?

The only reason I'm putting off the more lift is because of needing the SYE, new driveshaft, and springs all at the same time.

Reactions: pagrey