Canadian Brethren?

I am one of those 3rd party contractors that delivers packages for UPS and FedEx while fulfilling my USPS contract. UPS and FedEx drop off packages at my home and scan them as delivered, I sign for them and hand them one part of a triplicate receipt. When I deliver the packages for UPS and FedEx I have the customer sign the remaining 2 copies which they get one of. I'm not sure if that is a normal procedure for other contractors or not but it seems UPS and FedEx alike would have some form of assurance method to insure delivery.

My best suggestion to you and anyone else that receives their UPS and FedEx packages via 3rd party carrier, would be to contact your closest UPS or FedEx delivery hub or their distribution hub and and follow the trail to the last of their carriers that scanned the package. They should know how to contact the 3rd party carrier, if you don't already know who that is personally.

This explains why often times a package will show as delivered but I won’t get it until the following day, from a third party carrier.

Reactions: reddvltj
This explains why often times a package will show as delivered but I won’t get it until the following day, from a third party carrier.
Exactly, I only deliver on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, as I have a fairly small mail route. All my patrons know this, as does UPS and FedEx, so actual delivery dates more often than not do not co-inside with most guaranteed or expected delivery dates. I did have one patron that tried to scam both UPS and FedEX by ordering 2nd day air deliveries knowing full well it was impossible then try to get the shipping refunded. With my cooperation, UPS and FedEx were able to basically gave him the proverbial middle finger...lol

I learned a long time ago the tracking numbers are basically hopes and dreams designed to give you a false sense of control over the situation.

I had a package go nuts, made it halfway to me from a nearby state and then made a left turn and started heading to FL (I'm in PA). I naively thought they could do something about that, since the tracking tells you where it is right? Wrong, it tells you where it's been, and that's assuming the info is correct which it frequently isn't. I watched my package wander all over the country and had to wait a week the have it considered lost so I could get a refund.

Reactions: reddvltj
So my custombatterycables that shipped on June 25th and hit the border on June 29th just delivered. Over a month with no tracking update!

July 31, 2020, 10:19 pm
Customs Clearance
CANADA
June 29, 2020, 8:02 am
Departed
VANCOUVER, CANADA

My second resent shipment also reappeared after going dark for 2 weeks and is set to deliver this week.

My third resent shipment via UPS delivered yesterday and beat the first two!

Amazing customer service from these guys! They were willing to make three shipments (at their expense) to try and get it through to Canada. I highly recommend them.

Our tracking shows them getting through customs in a reasonable amount of time. Then they drop into some black hole of inactivity that irritates and scares everyone.
And, even though we have temporarily suspended sales over northern border, we are still trying to figure out what happens. Another one just sitting as soon as it hits the border. What the hell is going on up there?

I had an order placed on Amazon on July 30, showed shipped on July 30, from Southern California warehouse, expected delivery was August 10-13. I got it on August 5th, now tracking shows it shipped from China Post on July 30th. Its going to be interesting to see what show's up next week. All courtesy of the USPS.

And, even though we have temporarily suspended sales over northern border, we are still trying to figure out what happens. Another one just sitting as soon as it hits the border. What the hell is going on up there?
1596901943002.png

Its been crazy here in PR. Im outside the US but under usps service area. I have had packages delivered to me with tracking saying still in “acceptance”, Its been getting worst as time goes on. About 2 days ago a Enterprise Van pulled over in front on my house full of usps package, the mailman told me that the mail vans are breaking down faster than they can fix them due to the high volume of mail. They are passing 2-3 times a day delivering stuff in my area. UPS been working like normal, got a package a day earlier than the delivery date.

Last edited: