Cant find control arm relocation brackets (geometry bracket) for TJs

Neat ..... off topic, but I’m looking for a set of ca’s for my 1997 Ram 2500. I googled control arms (aside from the obvious choices) and Core 4x4 popped up. Lots of Jeep stuff. I was impressed they even had ZJ, WJ, and WK parts. My buddy did some more digging and sent them an email (he builds trail rigs). He’s now a deal for them here in NC lol. Long story short, for the price, they sound like a solid option. I’ll be purchasing sets for my CTD, and TJ. I found it neat that on the day I’m looking to spend my Christmas cash, I stumble across a thread regarding a brand I found by using Google lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually have a 6in lift that measures 5.5 sitting on the ground. Think a single jj might still work?
Hard to say...Like @jjvw asked, what is your shock travel...That up and down travel will determine how much mis-alignment you need. But also, based on what he said about rotation, if you want to do heavy offroading, you may want to spring for dual JJ ends anyway.

I may be wrong in my understanding, but it seems like an all or nothing decision. Both ends of the arm will see the same amount of rotation as dictated by the shocks.

How much shock travel?
I don't know. Just bought the jeep a mth ago. Yall don't throw up.. its Rough Country shocks!. Haha I only know that its a 6 in lift because I measured the springs. I have to put new bump stops on it. When I do,
I might swap the shocks for Bilstein 5100s.

I don't know. Just bought the jeep a mth ago. Yall don't throw up.. its Rough Country shocks!. Haha I only know that its a 6 in lift because I measured the springs. I have to put new bump stops on it. When I do,
I might swap the shocks for Bilstein 5100s.
We are here to help. :)

Ok I just ordered the "Tier 4" Core 4x4 Adjustable set all around. That has JJs on both ends. Looks like I'll be doing the entire job over.. Some lessons are learned the hard way. Ill update after the install.

Reactions: Mike_H
Welp the Tier Ones are off and the Tier 4s with JJs on both ends are on. I thought the JJs would be rougher riding. I've read that on here.
I've driven 35 miles on them so far and they feel the same as the rubber bushings. The jeep feels much tighter with the JJs and has great ride. Overall this 3 mth job of figuring out and fixing why it was riding/steering so bad and fishtailing all over the road has been solved. It was 100% the stock control arms. Thank you everyone!

20190121_164009.jpg

20190121_164000.jpg

20190121_163858.jpg

20190121_163931.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike_H and derekmac
I've driven 35 miles on them so far and they feel the same as the rubber bushings. The jeep feels much tighter with the JJs and has great ride.
Very few actually understand that. I've driven pretty much every combination and arm style you can think of and have been building arms with various joints to come up with a definitive answer to what joint actually affects ride quality and trust me when I tell you, it just isn't that simple.

I've built stock length control arms with JJ's in them and swapped them directly in place of new OEM arms with rubber bushings and put folks in it to drive it on a known crappy course we use for testing and there is just about no discernible difference. I've driven the full build of specific companies that had every single product on them "known" to create a NON NVH transferring ride and it was one of the worst I've ridden in. There are things that fix and help ride quality, joints are not the place to start.

Very few actually understand that. I've driven pretty much every combination and arm style you can think of and have been building arms with various joints to come up with a definitive answer to what joint actually affects ride quality and trust me when I tell you, it just isn't that simple.

I've built stock length control arms with JJ's in them and swapped them directly in place of new OEM arms with rubber bushings and put folks in it to drive it on a known crappy course we use for testing and there is just about no discernible difference. I've driven the full build of specific companies that had every single product on them "known" to create a NON NVH transferring ride and it was one of the worst I've ridden in. There are things that fix and help ride quality, joints are not the place to start.

And that is the rub of it, ride and NVH are two separate things that people spend too much time conflating one with other. NVH starts to become a moot point once you start putting larger more aggressive tires on anyway.

Welp the Tier Ones are off and the Tier 4s with JJs on both ends are on. I thought the JJs would be rougher riding. I've read that on here.
I've driven 35 miles on them so far and they feel the same as the rubber bushings. The jeep feels much tighter with the JJs and has great ride. Overall this 3 mth job of figuring out and fixing why it was riding/steering so bad and fishtailing all over the road has been solved. It was 100% the stock control arms. Thank you everyone!

View attachment 73494

View attachment 73495

View attachment 73496

View attachment 73497
Nice! You did all 8, eh?

I build 2.5-5.5" lift geometry correction for the rear of the tj's that works with stock arms, aftermarket adjustables, mid arms, and long arms. they are not drop brackets tho. I originally designed them to bolt onto the factory axle mounts, but the updated mounts are weld on replacements with some hole relocation to be done on the frame and lower axle mounts. Handling with the rear geometry correction is second to none compared to any suspension kit you can buy for the tj. the front needs to goto adjustables or a mid arm which can be done in about the same amount of time as it takes some to bolt in new control arms.
drop brackets for the front were available 15 years ago, It has been a very long time since i've seen any.

Reactions: zebra12 and EROCK