Car pics too cool not to share

My dad has told me people would pretty much give away the old full size highway cruisers and muscle cars in the mid/lates '70s.

Unanswered prayers. It took me a few wrecks to learn to drive a reasonable speed, and it's a good thing I didn't learn those lessons in a car built in the '60s. Probably wouldn't have made it through.

It is an amazing thing the way God accomplishes HIS purpose . I am glad that neither of us ended up with the cars that we both desperately wanted , but really
wouldn't be the best move !

It is an amazing thing the way God accomplishes HIS purpose . I am glad that neither of us ended up with the cars that we both desperately wanted , but really
wouldn't be the best move !

I ended up with one, but to this day I have never driven it. My first car that I purchased a few days after turning 14. Due to life events and my choices (read Jeep and other projects), she's still a half finished project. :(
She looks worse off in this pic than it actually was. That's 30 years of actual barn dirt.
impalacap_1.PNG

I ended up with one, but to this day I have never driven it. My first car that I purchased a few days after turning 14. Due to life events and my choices (read Jeep and other projects), she's still a half finished project. :(
She looks worse off in this pic than it actually was. That's 30 years of actual barn dirt.
View attachment 345815

A 64 Impala ? ragtop with a V-8 sweet! It's always tough to juggle projects. The funny thing about Jeeps is in alot of ways they are a throw back to an earlier era. Thanks for the photo ! How about a Z-11 conversion to make your life easier !!! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueC
A 64 Impala ? ragtop with a V-8 sweet! It's always tough to juggle projects.... How about a Z-11 conversion to make your live easier !!! :ROFLMAO:

At that time, all I knew was that I wanted a convertible '64 Impala, and I wanted a big block (mine is a 327 car). I was young and broke, and then fell into the trap of buying another project before finishing the first one. Now I have a few partially finished projects sitting around waiting.

I'd love to have a Z-11 clone, but I think I'd start with someone's half finished project. ;)

The funny thing about Jeeps is in alot of ways they are a throw back to an earlier era.

That's probably why I enjoy my Jeep like I do.

How much beer does a man have to drink before deciding to do this to the family sedan? :unsure:

Apparently way more than I'm capable of handling. Maybe it's more of how long have they been drinking? Do you have to be drunk for a week or a month to think that looks good?

Also, I think all builders of "shorties" should be shot. No questions beyond "did you do this", then shot.
I actually kinda like it

So, how long have you been drinking? :unsure:
:LOL: