Car pics too cool not to share

I bought a 292 Y-block from an older local gentleman. He has spent the last 22 years living in a warehouse, and doing nothing but "playing with cars", as he put it. He has quite the collection of Ford products, with the FE motor being his engine of choice.

Some people will surprise you with what they have. I haven't come across any cammers yet, but I live in NASCAR country where guys like to race, and some have stuff that can surprise you. A lot of cycled-out NASCAR team stuff has a way of making it down the friend chain and into someone's project. That's kind of how I learned about the mystery motors. A guy had a part of one hanging in his shop.

1651145605096.png

1651145678705.png

1651145764255.png

Don't forget the Mercs...

I did. :confused: I'm not as knowledgeable of the Fords as I am GM and MoPar.

There used to be a '68 or '69 Mercury Cyclone nearby. I was told it was called a Cyclone Spoiler. I looked at it once. Interesting car, but I really don't know what I'm looking at when it comes to Ford.

Reactions: Squatch
I did. :confused: I'm not as knowledgeable of the Fords as I am GM and MoPar.

There used to be a '68 or '69 Mercury Cyclone nearby. I was told it was called a Cyclone Spoiler. I looked at it once. Interesting car, but I really don't know what I'm looking at when it comes to Ford.
Buddy of mine drove one (Spoiler) in high school, and I believe my step-brother owns a project one in upstate New York.

Reactions: reddvltj and BlueC
Don't forget, Ford wasn't the only 429 out there... ;) (I've been waiting for this one!)

I'm not even sure if I knew about that one. I thought Caddy jumped from 390 to 472. I assume 429 was a bored/stroked 390?

Reactions: Squatch