Car pics too cool not to share

I'm not even sure if I knew about that one. I thought Caddy jumped from 390 to 472. I assume 429 was a bored/stroked 390?
I don't know much about 'em, other than that it's the same family of engine. They started out as a much smaller displacement (331cu. in., if'n I recall correctly). There was another size after that, but I can't remember what it was. Then came the 390, followed by the 429. I'm not sure, but I think the 472 and even the 500 are all the same basic design.

Reactions: reddvltj and BlueC
One of my favorites

A "friend of a friend" had one that he swapped out the original 260 for a 302. I only rode in it once. It scared the shit outta me! My uncle had an original Sunbeam Alpine with the little four cylinder in it. The camshaft broke in half on the highway, and that was the end of that car (this particular uncle wasn't a car guy...). Always loved the looks of the Alpine/Tiger.

Reactions: reddvltj and Irun
Always was a fan of the FWD Eldorado. They're not everyone's cup of tea, but I think they're gorgeous.

A '67...
1651248015027.png

A '70...
1651247504842.png

And a '72...

1651247870628.png

Always was a fan of the FWD Eldorado. They're not everyone's cup of tea, but I think they're gorgeous.

I prefer the earlier cars, but I'd definitely drive one. There's a kid (he's like 18) around here driving a nice red '75 with white top and interior looking like this one. Of course with current gas prices he might be trying to off-load it soon.

1651248896179.png

When I was in high school, my grandpaw got a hold of an '85 Eldorado. I loved driving that thing. Between the Caddy and my Chrysler, I was the guying driving the big "hoopties" :cool: I love the big boats. Nowadays, people try to buy my Chrysler.
1651249228355.png

I prefer the earlier cars, but I'd definitely drive one. There's a kid (he's like 18) around here driving a nice red '75 with white top and interior looking like this one. Of course with current gas prices he might be trying to off-load it soon.

View attachment 326589

When I was in high school, my grandpaw got a hold of an '85 Eldorado. I loved driving that thing. Between the Caddy and my Chrysler, I was the guying driving the big "hoopties" :cool: I love the big boats. Nowadays, people try to buy my Chrysler.
View attachment 326590
I bought an '85 Eldorado from a big-wig here at work. Same color as the one you posted. Picked it up for $500 because it had an intake manifold leak. I fixed it, drove it for a couple of weeks, and sold it to a buddy for $2,200. This was back in '97, or so. Beautiful car. I had a similar vintage Toronado, too ('84, if I remember correctly). Equally nice ride. Maybe even better, if I were honest about it.

Because I mentioned my "hooptie" driving above. This song has a way of describing many of the cars my friends and I drove and still drive. :cool: No shame here.
LMAO at that one, brother! Not my style of music, normally, but the video, lyrics, and being in Washington state was just too much for me to resist! :ROFLMAO:(y)

Reactions: reddvltj and BlueC