Car pics too cool not to share

My nephews 31 Chevrolet. Old school SBC with twin 70s. Unfortunately, he has too many hobbies and never sorted it out.

FB_IMG_1526314886343.jpg

I like the way you think!

'51 Hudson Hornet
View attachment 327142

1951 was a good year for cars in general and that Hudson is looking really good but I'm pretty sure it's not a Hornet. That one looks to be missing about 5 inches between the wheel well and the front door which I'd like to say is a Wasp but it does have the emblem high enough to need the hood notched (1951 only) and the Wasp didn't happen until 1952 so it's a Pacemaker. The Pacemakers also had front turn signals less squared off than the Hornets like those pictured. The un-needed chop top doesn't even bother me. I think someone just wanted to send a "good luck with that!" message to the guys chopping their Mercs to look like Hudsons.

Reactions: BlueC and reddvltj
Well it's 5/1, and we're pretty much out of range of engines that align with the date, so let's try putting a spin on it and post your car, your favorite car, or just a good looking car/truck from the year that corresponds with the date.

So here's a '51 Caddy

View attachment 327140
Not usually a fan old boats, but that thing is a work of art! :love:

Reactions: BlueC and Squatch
1951 was a good year for cars in general and that Hudson is looking really good but I'm pretty sure it's not a Hornet. That one looks to be missing about 5 inches between the wheel well and the front door which I'd like to say is a Wasp but it does have the emblem high enough to need the hood notched (1951 only) and the Wasp didn't happen until 1952 so it's a Pacemaker. The Pacemakers also had front turn signals less squared off than the Hornets like those pictured. The un-needed chop top doesn't even bother me. I think someone just wanted to send a "good luck with that!" message to the guys chopping their Mercs to look like Hudsons.
Thanks for the education, Chief! I just snagged the pic off the internet, and it was listed as a '51 Hornet on Pinterest. Wasp, Hornet, or Pacemaker, I love 'em all (even the little Jet has found it's way into my heart...). I agree that the chopped top wasn't necessary, but they did a nice job of it. :cool:

Reactions: BlueC and JEEPCJTJ
This 51 Chevy Deluxe is similar to my 1 St Car, (minus the fog lights, wheel covers, and white walls).
Mine had the sunvisor, spot light, overriders, and skirts, also the same color!
Of course a 16 year old mountain boy sold this to buy a 60 Apache C-10. :unsure:
View attachment 327231
My second vehicle (after the '49 Stude pickup) was a '60 Chev 1/2-ton pickup. 235 and a three-on-the-tree. Loved that old truck. Threw a rod through the side of the block, and that ended that. And like you, I was sixteen. Not enough mechanical knowledge to do an engine swap at the time. :(

That '51 many-door is a good looking car. Love the color!

Thanks for the education, Chief! I just snagged the pic off the internet, and it was listed as a '51 Hornet on Pinterest.
Well thank you for calling me Chief! I'll take that as not Pontiac related so now I identify as a red Cherokee Chief! (not as a white Cherokee like Elizabeth Warren identifies) And this pic from Pinterest isn't mine.
369e2a54cd51baaf452edfacae880ead.jpg

My second vehicle (after the '49 Stude pickup) was a '60 Chev 1/2-ton pickup. 235 and a three-on-the-tree.

After reading in those parenthesis I deleted a picture from my post of truck pictures and will put it here, mainly because I don't know much about these or what year this one is.
IMG_20220429_135034634_HDR.jpg

And here's another one from Pinterest, similar to your Hudson pic:
5071e87eaf4abeab8556bf894252d561.jpg

And I know you like gassers so here's a couple more I found:

This one looks to be real:
1948-studebaker-pickup-gasser-dave-koontz.jpg

And here's one that I would should have had in the mid 70s:
s-l300.jpg

Well thank you for calling me Chief! I'll take that as not Pontiac related so now I identify as a red Cherokee Chief! (not as a white Cherokee like Elizabeth Warren identifies) And this pic from Pinterest isn't mine.
I owned one of those Cherokee Chiefs. A '79. Mine looked just like the one below, minus the side-exit exhaust...

1651500467322.png

My first car I owned was a 1950 Dodge sedan (model unknown) that I never got driving. Traded it for a Yamha 360 TT bike that ran like shit too.
My first drivable rig was a 1954 Dodge p/u. It died from a rod knock but not until I'd blown up the transmission & rear end.

1651501068838.png

My next rig was a 1964 1/2 ton p/u

1651501181521.png

And then a 61 Lincoln with suicide doors. After that I was in the Army so had a lot of different rigs.

My first car I owned was a 1950 Dodge sedan (model unknown) that I never got driving. Traded it for a Yamha 360 TT bike that ran like shit too.
My first drivable rig was a 1954 Dodge p/u. It died from a rod knock but not until I'd blown up the transmission & rear end.

View attachment 327285

My next rig was a 1964 1/2 ton p/u

View attachment 327286

And then a 61 Lincoln with suicide doors. After that I was in the Army so had a lot of different rigs.
My '60 Chevy half-ton was the same color as the little Chev you posted.

Reactions: reddvltj
My 64 was primer gray. My Dodge p/u was the blue of picture I posted.
As a kid, I remember that "Ruddy Red" primer being the color you saw most project cars or beaters, at the time. Never saw a lot of gray primer, and I don't think I ever saw a black-primer car. I'm talking late-60s and early 70s, here.

As a kid, I remember that "Ruddy Red" primer being the color you saw most project cars or beaters, at the time. Never saw a lot of gray primer, and I don't think I ever saw a black-primer car. I'm talking late-60s and early 70s, here.

Well this would have been 1977 for my Chevy truck. It had a 283 with 3 on the tree until I blew up the transmission. The Dodge had 3 on the tree also.
I was a little heavy on the right foot. I also owned a 1967 Chevelle Super Sport w/396 in it. It was my first automatic. Use my first ever tax return to buy it.