Car pics too cool not to share

_nc_ohc=lZdO1cUmCSwAX_nr5s7&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

I'd take one if it was offered to me... Not on my list of FIRST want cars but I still like them.

I think @ColoJeep was referencing the fact that the flier/poster for the show did not include Imperial in the list of cars invited to participate. If I had to venture a guess (and I'm fairly certain that ColoJeep is acutely aware of this), whomever created the flier just assumed that Imperials were a Chrysler model, which they were not. They became an altogether separate make in 1955. People have been incorrectly calling them Chrysler Imperials for decades.

Last edited:
I think @ColoJeep was referencing the fact that the flyer/poster for the show did not include Imperial in the list of cars invited to participate. If I had to venture a guess (and I'm fairly certain that ColoJeep is acutely aware of this), whomever created the flyer just assumed that Imperials were a Chrysler model, which they were not. They became an altogether separate make in 1955. People have been incorrectly calling them Chrysler Imperials for decades.

See I just learned something today. I've always called them Chrysler Imperials too. Never knew that they were a totally separate line.
You'd hope that a MOPAR club would know this kind of stuff but we all know it's not the case.

See I just learned something today. I've always called them Chrysler Imperials too. Never knew that they were a totally separate line.
You'd hope that a MOPAR club would know this kind of stuff but we all know it's not the case.

Well, I have to give them credit for remembering to include Desoto in the lineup. Thought for sure they'd omit that one.

Last edited:
Well, I have to give them credit for remembering to include Desoto in the lineup. Thought for sure they omit that one.

I saw the flier when I was picking up my exhaust parts after having them ceramic coated. Saw that it was a MOPAR club event type thing so wasn't sure if you knew about shows.
I'd like to bring the Jeep over to it if it's done. I think it'd be fun to show off my handywork. Not that it's anything special but if I get it running/driving soon I might enter.

Reactions: Squatch
I saw the flier when I was picking up my exhaust parts after having them ceramic coated. Saw that it was a MOPAR club event type thing so wasn't sure if you knew about shows.
I'd like to bring the Jeep over to it if it's done. I think it'd be fun to show off my handywork. Not that it's anything special but if I get it running/driving soon I might enter.

Mine would have to arrive in boxes...:rolleyes:

They became an altogether separate make in 1955. People have been incorrectly calling them Chrysler Imperials for decades.

Now we should tell him about disk brakes on an Imperial. :LOL:

For you non Chrysler C-body/Imperial guys, you just can't have disk brakes for these cars, at least not replacement parts.

I had to deal with that bunch back in the mid-'80s. They cut a corner too tight, and nailed the truck I was driving (Seattle area). When I called them to report what had happened and to try and get some information from them, the guy on the phone would only speak in Spanish. When I told him I had witnesses, and that I was going to contact my lawyer, he suddenly became very fluent in English...;)

Now we should tell him about disk brakes on an Imperial. :LOL:

For you non Chrysler C-body/Imperial guys, you just can't have disk brakes for these cars, at least not replacement parts.

After 6 months of searching for a brake system for a sweet '67 Imperial convertible (the entire front system was missing), I finally gave up and let the car go back to the woman who had given it to me. Those damn Budd brakes. And I thought AMC parts could be tough to find...:rolleyes:
1622344002011blob.png

1622343808805blob.png

1622343768728blob.png

1622343732199blob.png

1622343666306blob.png

Last edited:
the guy on the phone would only speak in Spanish. When I told him I had witnesses, and that I was going to contact my lawyer, he suddenly became very fluent in English...;)

It's amazing how frequently and quickly that happens. I have a friend who speaks spanish, but doesn't look like she could. She'll catch them off guard with that surprise, and attitudes change in a hurry. :LOL:

After 6 months of searching for a brake system for a sweet '67 Imperial convertible (the entire front system was missing), I finally gave up and let the car go back to the woman who had given it to me. Those damn Budd brakes. And I thought AMC parts could be tough to find...:rolleyes:
View attachment 429398

View attachment 429399

View attachment 429400

View attachment 429401

View attachment 429402

DAMN that is too bad.
Can you not change the brakes to something different?

DAMN that is too bad.
Can you not change the brakes to something different?

Nope. Even the C-body Chrysler disc brakes won't work. There was a guy who made some kind of conversion kit for them, but while I've forgotten the reason now, I was unable to obtain a kit. Maybe converting to a drum-brake system would have been an option, but after 6 months of dealing with it, I was over it. She found someone else to take the car, though I'm fairly certain he was just going to part it out, which is something I was unwilling to do. I did not want to be the guy responsible for destroying that car.

It's amazing how frequently and quickly that happens. I have a friend who speaks spanish, but doesn't look like she could. She'll catch them off guard with that surprise, and attitudes change in a hurry. :LOL:

Had a friend up the block who went to medical school in Mexico with his wife, they look Irish. She is very endowed/top heavy. One time they were getting a hot tub delivered and the guys doing the work were babbling back and forth about her rack. She let go on for a few minutes and then just started talking fluent Spanish to them, the look on their faces was priceless!

Nope. Even the C-body Chrysler disc brakes won't work. There was a guy who made some kind of conversion kit for them, but while I've forgotten the reason now, I was unable to obtain a kit. Maybe converting to a drum-brake system would have been an option, but after 6 months of dealing with it, I was over it. She found someone else to take the car, though I'm fairly certain he was just going to part it out, which is something I was unwilling to do. I did not want to be the guy responsible for destroying that car.

That really SUCKS......

And yes from your pictures it looks like it was in way to good of shape to part out. While I'm cool with cutting up something that isn't stock anymore I dislike ruining a perfectly good vehicle like that.

That is drop-dead gorgeous! And I just love the fact that it's running a Chevy "W" engine (348/409) in it! Too flippin' cool!!!

You & I sure think alike a lot.

Reactions: Squatch
the guys doing the work were babbling back and forth about her rack. She let go on for a few minutes and then just started talking fluent Spanish to them, the look on their faces was priceless!

That's typically how my friend does it. She's little and feisty, like trailer park feisty :LOL:, and she'll let 'em run their mouth before hitting them with a verbal hook. I can understand a little spanish, but not enough to keep up, so I miss the good stuff.

It's so bad Jay Leno had Wilwood custom make a brake kit for one of his Imperials. Maybe you just needed to step up your brake game. ;)